Sourdough mix will not rise

Reaction score
I baked sourdough bread for 25 years without issue. I stopped a few years ago, but would like to resume. I never had to make a starter. Mine was given to me. I have tried 2 different recipes, but nothing works. Nothing rises when mixed.

I am open to suggestions.

If anyone in the Arlington, TX area would like to share a couple of cups of sourdough starter, I would be grateful.

Reaction score
I baked sourdough bread for 25 years without issue. I stopped a few years ago, but would like to resume. I never had to make a starter. Mine was given to me. I have tried 2 different recipes, but nothing works. Nothing rises when mixed.

I am open to suggestions.

If anyone in the Arlington, TX area would like to share a couple of cups of sourdough starter, I would be grateful.

Try the starter from The Perfect Loaf. After you get your starter going, try some recipes on his site or Bake with Jack’s blog.

The Maurizio Leo of The Perfect Loaf just published an excellent book on sourdough bread. If you are looking for a good book on sourdough, I would recommend it.

Ask a Question