Substitute for peanuts in Brownies

Reaction score
I know that several types of nuts can make a good brownie substitute. But I am wondering if there are any substitutes for someone who has a peanut allergy? I am going over to someone's home on Sunday and they can not eat peanuts. I won't risk bringing something that might harm anyone but for future reference, does anyone know of another type of nut that can be substituted in brownies for those who have peanut allergies?

Reaction score
I prefer to use walnuts in my brownies, but you could use hazelnuts too if you prefer. I think walnuts go particularly well with chocolate, and you don't need very many in the recipe to make it feel substantial. I'd give the walnuts a go if I were you.

Reaction score
Ehhh I have never even thought of using peanuts in a brownie (no offense, but yuck!). A brownie can do well with no nuts at all, but sometimes I like to add some pecans and hazelnuts, just a little bit of them.

Ask a Question