Tasty Croissant Recipes

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any croissant recipes that blew your mind or anything you do while making croissants that make them absolutely delicious? I would love to hear your input!

Reaction score
I love almond croissants - they have almond paste running through the middle and are sprinkled with flaked almonds on the top. I've not tried making them myself but they are absolutely delicious and probably wouldn't be difficult to adapt from a regular recipe (presumably when you roll them you put a thin strip of almond paste in the middle and sprinkle the almonds on top before baking.

Reaction score
I've used croissants to make a sandwich out of country pate. My French husband thinks it is very bizaare, but it was also a Frenchman in Brooklyn, NY who sold me to this idea. I ordered a country pate sandwich at said Frenchman's deli many years ago and he was still waiting for a fresh delivery of baguettes. He asked if I want to take it with a croissant instead so I said why not? Ohboy that was life-changing!! Buttery, flaky croissant, spread with a little Dijon mustard, slices of cornichons and a thick slice of homemade country pate. Sweet, salty, spicy, sour, fatty, rich, all in one single bite!

Reaction score
I agree with you Jesslane94, I love croissants but I have never made them from scratch, but after seeing these suggestions, I am going to try them my self, they sound like they would be so good and fresh!!

Reaction score
I agree with you Jesslane94, I love croissants but I have never made them from scratch, but after seeing these suggestions, I am going to try them my self, they sound like they would be so good and fresh!!

I recommend working on it for only a few minutes then putting it into the freezer to chill when turning and rolling the dough. It helps to keep the butter from melting while working on it and give you those nice fluffy croissants.

Reaction score
You guys are brave to make croissants. They look intimidating to me because they seem like they would be fussy and a lot of work.

Reaction score
You guys are brave to make croissants. They look intimidating to me because they seem like they would be fussy and a lot of work.

I would agree! Much as I love croissants (it's a family tradition to have them for breakfast every Sunday), I've never made my own because the process seems to elaborate. My best friend made them a couple of months ago and she made it sound so complicated! She said they were delicious though, so maybe it's worth the effort.

Ask a Question