Trying to lose weight - again! :)

Reaction score
So, a few years ago I was able to just reduce the amount I ate. I noticed that I wasn't hungry after a certain amount of food and that if I kept eating I was uncomfortably full. So, I just cut back on the amount I ate and didn't cut out any food - because when I do I start craving what I'm not eating! LOL! It worked and I lost 20lbs!! But, now I've noticed the weight creeping back on. I was able to keep it off for 3 years! So, my new strategy is to eat smaller amounts every few hours. Because for some reason I am hungry - where before I was fine for 4+ hours between eating. Sigh! Wonder if it is menopause!!
What strategies do you use? I don't like to diet because I always end up eating what I am not "allowed" to have! I exercise with my dog too so it isn't like I am just sitting around.
Hoping eating less more often works!

Reaction score
I know it sounds super cliché but for me the biggest thing is staying hydrated to prevent snacking. If I'm not hydrated well then I always find myself reaching for something to snack on - and that always tends to be sweets and stuff that I really should only be eating as a treat. I try to constantly have water bottles ready to sip at, especially at my desk when I'm working. In fact I just went and filled up my bottle after reading your post so I could drink some more.

I'm also a big fan of green tea. I read somewhere once that it helps prevent sweets cravings - plus there's a whole host of other health benefits too!

Reaction score
I'm trying to lose weight as well. I gained quite a bit weight thanks to a beta blocker used to treat high blood pressure. I have since then reduced my dose from 80mg a day to just 10 mg a day! I am working towards the goal of reducing it til 5 mg a day, then nothing.

So right now I am taking a chromium supplement, plus a green tea supplement that helped me stay thin during my first visit to the Netherlands and even lost weight! Right now I am trying to eat less, I give myself a day off as usual (been doing that since I was very thin) and just avoid sugar the rest of the week. During the week I try to eat a lot veggies, drink a lot water to curve my hunger and just old-fashioned willpower to stop me from eating more than I should.

Reaction score
I know it sounds super cliché but for me the biggest thing is staying hydrated to prevent snacking. If I'm not hydrated well then I always find myself reaching for something to snack on - and that always tends to be sweets and stuff that I really should only be eating as a treat. I try to constantly have water bottles ready to sip at, especially at my desk when I'm working. In fact I just went and filled up my bottle after reading your post so I could drink some more.

I'm also a big fan of green tea. I read somewhere once that it helps prevent sweets cravings - plus there's a whole host of other health benefits too!

Thank you! I always forget about drinking water!! I'm not much of a water drinker - but I bet I am thirsty and not actually hungry. I am going to try to drink more - and I guess I will drink tea because then at least there is flavor! Haha! So glad for this suggestion. I had read recently that sometime we are thirsty and not hungry at all and our body is trying to get us to drink! :)

Reaction score
I'm trying to lose weight as well. I gained quite a bit weight thanks to a beta blocker used to treat high blood pressure. I have since then reduced my dose from 80mg a day to just 10 mg a day! I am working towards the goal of reducing it til 5 mg a day, then nothing.

So right now I am taking a chromium supplement, plus a green tea supplement that helped me stay thin during my first visit to the Netherlands and even lost weight! Right now I am trying to eat less, I give myself a day off as usual (been doing that since I was very thin) and just avoid sugar the rest of the week. During the week I try to eat a lot veggies, drink a lot water to curve my hunger and just old-fashioned willpower to stop me from eating more than I should.
That is very interesting. I used to take chromium years ago. Do you get any side effects from the chromium and green tea supplements? Shaky, headaches, or anything like that? How much do you take?
Sorry for all the questions - but I always figure it is good to get all the info from someone that is doing something that already works! :)

Reaction score
It is absolutely true that water can help a person to lose weight as well with drinking green tea which they claimed helps to aid in weight loss. The right timing and intervals of eating healthy foods and physical fitness regimen can help you as well to lose your weight again.

Reaction score
That is very interesting. I used to take chromium years ago. Do you get any side effects from the chromium and green tea supplements? Shaky, headaches, or anything like that? How much do you take?
Sorry for all the questions - but I always figure it is good to get all the info from someone that is doing something that already works! :)

Not at all, but I take a very specific brand ''Now Foods'', I got it from Ebay. I take 750 mg green tea in the morning, and 200 mcg right after eating something early in the morning. You can take something as green tea in an empty stomach. So I take it early so it doesn't disturb my sleep.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is the 200 mcg the chromium? And is it Now Foods too? I am excited to try some of this. I hate that the weight has crept back on - especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up! Ugh! :) My daughter and I have to travel too for some medical needs/surgery for her so I need to be able to "run" through the airports if necessary!!! LOL!

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is the 200 mcg the chromium? And is it Now Foods too? I am excited to try some of this. I hate that the weight has crept back on - especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up! Ugh! :) My daughter and I have to travel too for some medical needs/surgery for her so I need to be able to "run" through the airports if necessary!!! LOL!

Yes, it's Now foods, but how did you guess :O ?? But don't take chromium picolinate, that thing is poison. Get the niacin bound one, that one is safe and really effective. Picolinate is a mutagen and carcinogenic, it affects brain receptors as well: pure poison. While the niacin bound is biologically active, but make sure the niacin is nicotinic acid, not any other form of niacin (there are 3 different forms of niacin).

I do feel much less cravings and I no longer think about food so much :) Can you believe it? The sugar cravings are gone!

Reaction score
Wow! That is awesome!! And I appreciate the detailed info on the Picolinate! I would have gone out and just picked one up!! :0
Once I get it and start using it I will let you know my results!
Thanks again! :)

Reaction score
Wow! That is awesome!! And I appreciate the detailed info on the Picolinate! I would have gone out and just picked one up!! :0
Once I get it and start using it I will let you know my results!
Thanks again! :)

I forgot to add something else. Please get your liver checked before you start taking either chromium or green tea supplements. If you liver enzymes are slightly abnormal don't take those. I got a liver function test (blood) done before this, as well as a sonogram and a couple other blood tests. I just wanted to tell you that, just to be sure. People with any kind of liver issues should refrain from taking those.

I'd love that =D I hope you can use those two! I think the chromium does all the work ;)

Ask a Question