Wedding Cake

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new here.
I am looking for some advice regarding wedding cakes, I have an enquiry for a two teir cake with sugar paste roses.
How much would people charge for this?
Thank you in advance ☺

Reaction score
Thank the bride, then be honest with her and tell her you have no experience with wedding cakes and you cannot in good conscience accept an order.

Event cakes and especially wedding cakes are a speciality. If you do not know how to charge for a wedding cake then obviously you don’t even know the first thing about the process. there are so many steps involved not just in baking, filling, stacking, doweling, and decoratin, but coordinating with the venue and delivery.

Pricing of wedding cake is complex. It depends on the type of cake, components required to support it, how involved the deliver.

Reaction score
Wedding cakes goes between 2.50-12$ per serving.
Not even close. Where I live cake starts at $7 per serving and goes over $25 per serving.

And most venues have exclusive list of vendors that they will allow to work on site. A home baker can’t even qualify because they cannot legally produce the basic array of meringue buttercreams icings and or cream and fruit fillings for cakes, let alone the full array of baked goods and confectionery required for a high end wedding/event. Plus they can’t obtain the necessary business insurance.

Where I live, there’s an average of 30 weddings a year. And like most venues, access is strictly controlled.

Ask a Question