What is the best frosting for a vanilla cake?

Reaction score
What is the best frosting for a vanilla cake? Chocolate? Cream Cheese? Vanilla?

To me, it's the latter. Everyone doesn't enjoy chocolate or cream cheese flavoring. So, I always go with vanilla unless the occasion calls for something else different.

Easy Vanilla Icing

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. butter (soft)
2 cups confectioner's sugar

Preparation:
Combine ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Yields about 2 cups.

4d509cd5-ca6f-4763-bbc8-55fa8118b0d0.jpg

Reaction score
My mom likes to make almond cream cheese frosting. The recipe is so simple but the flavor is so big!

Reaction score
What is the best frosting for a vanilla cake? Chocolate? Cream Cheese? Vanilla?

To me, it's the latter. Everyone doesn't enjoy chocolate or cream cheese flavoring. So, I always go with vanilla unless the occasion calls for something else different.

Easy Vanilla Icing

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. butter (soft)
2 cups confectioner's sugar

Preparation:
Combine ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Yields about 2 cups.

4d509cd5-ca6f-4763-bbc8-55fa8118b0d0.jpg

I've always made chocolate frosting with vanilla cakes. The chocolate contrasts nicely with the vanilla cake. The two flavors complement each other.
There is nothing wrong with experimenting with different flavors of frosting, however. I probably should try a different kind of frosting for the sake of variety.

Reaction score
I like the butter cream frosting on a white cake, really any cake for that matter. However, there are times that I really enjoy strawberry frosting.

I do not find that there is one single best frosting overall.

Reaction score
I think that the best frosting for a vanilla cake would be either strawberry or chocolate just to have the taste variation. I love any kind of frosting though, so it's hard to pick just one.

Reaction score
A buttercream frosting complements a vanilla cake. You can use Philadelphia cream cheese to make the frosting. This frosting has a creamy texture. Most buttercream frostings are made with cream cheese, confectioner sugar, vanilla extract, butter or lemon juice.

Reaction score
The best thing about vanilla cake is that it is so versatile! Just about any flavor of icing is delicious on vanilla cake. My personal favorite would have to be chocolate. I love chocolate icing! Many different flavors go great with vanilla cake so you have plenty of options.

Reaction score
The best thing about vanilla cake is that it is so versatile! Just about any flavor of icing is delicious on vanilla cake. My personal favorite would have to be chocolate. I love chocolate icing! Many different flavors go great with vanilla cake so you have plenty of options.

Agreed, vanilla cake is a great backdrop to any frosting flavor. You can even do lemon frosting or coconut pecan frosting. Almost anything goes with vanilla cake.

Reaction score
Cream cheese frosting with real vanilla beans goes great on vanilla cake. You may alo want to try a orange butter cream made with orange zest and a little orange juice.

hhh

Reaction score
I think vanilla too. Anything else in my opinion, tastes a bit odd. I've tried chocolate frosting but it just over powered the flavor of the cake, so instead of it being a vanilla cake it was more like chocolate. It's best to use vanilla because it doesn't over power it, instead it only enhances.

Reaction score
This is my favorite frosting, Unfortuneatley the name is not very appealing, but it is really good. And you can flavor it with different extreacts:

Flour Paste Frosting
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cook flour and milk until thick like a paste, then cool in refrigerator
Mix sugar, butter and vanilla together.
Then add paste one tbsp at a time and beat with electric mixer
until smooth.
The longer you beat it the fluffier and better it gets.

This iceing is not as sugary tasting as most can be. It is just light and fluffy. You can also use it as a filling between cookies.

Ask a Question