What kinda of dessert are you going to make for Christmas?

Reaction score
I am currently looking over my cookery books to see what pudding I am going to do for Christmas this year. Last year I did Pavalova with fresh fruit. It was amazing. If anyone have any ideas please don't be shy to share with me.

Reaction score
When the holidays come around. I keep it simple with the classics that everyone love. The only deserts I make for Christmas is apple pie, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, marble cheesecake, and lots of cookies.

Alright, I admit that list is pretty hefty for one person to cook. Though, sometimes you have to put the time in to get something delicious!

Reaction score
I
When the holidays come around. I keep it simple with the classics that everyone love. The only deserts I make for Christmas is apple pie, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, marble cheesecake, and lots of cookies.

Alright, I admit that list is pretty hefty for one person to cook. Though, sometimes you have to put the time in to get something delicious!

I totally understand what you mean. I did only one dessert last year and it was gone in a few minutes this year Ill be doing a few more desserts. Do you do it over a few days?

Reaction score
Oh My, what a great subject. Desserts and Thanksgiving. They go so well together.
Our tradition is to make Sweet potatoes Casserole. It includes, since I am diabetic, Splenda Blend, Cinammon, Caramel, Marshmallows, butter, Splenda Brown sugar Blend, and a great big sweet tooth.

It is the greatest in our family, I get requests for it from other family members, too.

Reaction score
Oh My, what a great subject. Desserts and Thanksgiving. They go so well together.
Our tradition is to make Sweet potatoes Casserole. It includes, since I am diabetic, Splenda Blend, Cinammon, Caramel, Marshmallows, butter, Splenda Brown sugar Blend, and a great big sweet tooth.

It is the greatest in our family, I get requests for it from other family members, too.

That sounds really nice!!

Reaction score
Most dessert items at our holiday meals are small items or bars, since we all fill up on the main meal. Pretzel circles with a pecan, caramel, and chocolate (basically a "turtle"), chocolate chip cookie bars, etc. The tradition, though, is my grandmother's tea ring cake although I'm not a huge fan as it turns out quite dry a lot.

Reaction score
My desserts this year are going to be pretty plain. I am doing and Butterfinger Cake and Strawberry Shortcake. We have a really big family and when everyone brings 3 or 4 desserts they are just wasted so I am saving my good ones for New Years! Merry Christmas everyone!

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of moving and most of my baking stuff is in boxes, so I'm just going to make pumpkin cake from a mix with cream cheese frosting. I got a bunch of them on sale after Thanksgiving, so I'm just going to go that route because things are kind of chaotic right now.

Reaction score
I made pumpkin pie, coconut crème pie, chocolate cake, and lots of gingerbread cookies to give away as gifts. My family has always given a lot of homemade gifts for Christmas, because they are more personal and take some time and thought. Food gifts were always a big one.

Ask a Question