What made you get into Baking?

Reaction score
So what made you get into Baking?

My Grandma helped me to get into Baking, licking the mixing bowls out awaiting the cooked cake to come out of the oven cool and then ice it mmmmmm miss them days

Reaction score
I got into baking because of my love for sweets. Seeing delicious looking cakes in stores, in magazines, and on tv,etc., made me realize I could do it myself. Plus, I love the smell of my house while something sweet is in the oven!!!

Reaction score
I started baking because of ny passion for cooking. I watched my grandmother cook as a kid. She prepared her meals from scratch. I enjoyed watching her bake cakes and biscuits. I started baking her recipes in my mother's kitchen. I love baking so much.

Reaction score
My grandma taught me how to bake. When I was little, I would go over to her house and we would bake together. She taught me how to make homemade bread, cupcakes, cakes, cookies, you name it! We always had so much fun in the kitchen! She was actually the head cook at my elementary school! She would let me help decide what would be on the school menu!
She encouraged me to try new things and experiment with ingredients. She always said baking was like art. You get to create new and different things. I have always admired my grandma and looked up to her. Because she loved baking, I loved it. Now that she is gone, I still use her aprons and her cookbooks. I miss her, but I think of her everytime I bake.

Reaction score
Honestly, I never liked baking until a few years ago.

But, I have ALWAYS loved cooking.

I usually prefer savory over sweet, so it only made sense. Plus, neither my mom or either of my grandmas ever made many sweets, so I wasn't used to being around much baking. Sweets have always been an occasional thing for me.

But, as I started cooking more and more and getting more and more interested in it, I would come across baking recipes that looked good.

I would try them, and some would turn out wonderfully, and others would flop.

I somehow made it my mission to stop "flopping," and I just developed a passion for baking somewhere along the way.

I still love cooking just a TINY bit more, though.

Reaction score
Well growing up with a great grandmother it was just hard for me to stay away from the kitchen as i considered her to be a very good cook...even though she's gone her kitchen skills still lived on as i have mastered a lot of my skills from her...and i think i just enjoy doing anything that calls for me being creative.

Reaction score
At primary school they taught us and I loved it so much and I wanted to do more when I got home. I've been baking ever since, mainly cakes and then pies when I learned to make pastry. I enjoy seeing the results afterwards and fell it's an achievement.

Reaction score
My grandma was my initial inspiration as well, though she wasn't always very open to teaching others or having others in the kitchen with her...but I got into cooking long before baking and at one point I figured I really need to invest some energy into learning to bake as well.

Reaction score
I would have to say this forum. I used to bake the odd cake here and there and every time it would be from a box. Hardly ever a cake from scratch. I was reluctant to join the forum but figured if I wanted full bragging rights to the kitchen I had to do more baking and much more from scratch. Hence I am here learning and SLOWLY growing.

Reaction score
I got into baking because I love to eat sweets and store bought cakes and pies are kind of expensive. It's less expensive and not that hard to bake at home and it's satisfying to serve something that you made with your own hands.

Ask a Question