Why is my cake not baking properly

Reaction score
Hi I dont know if anyone can help me with this but I have made vanilla cake hundreds of times I use reverse creaming method , I skewer every cake I take out the oven to check it’s ready

One of my customers sent me the inside of her cake and it looked under baked in the Center of the sponges I put it down to my oven being too hot so I’ve bought a thermometer to double check and its all okay

I’ve made a cake today and I always use baking bands for some reason i could only find 3 and I needed 4 bands so I just used the bands on 3 sponges and baked one without and when i cut them open the one without looks the same it looks really dense and not risen/ baked properly

So ive rushed to the shops I’m now up until 2 am baked it all again and used 3 Wilton baking bands and 1homemade band with foil and wet kitchen paper they look perfect I’ve checked them all with the knife and they all came out clean so I let them cool for 10 minutes and when I flipped the pans Over I can see the wet circle in the Center on the bottom of the sponges

I’ve made this recipe about 200 times and never had this problem before does anyone know what could be causing it

I’ve also checked my ovens not too hot , I checked my baking powder isn’t expired I bought fresh baking powder today and I never add cold wet ingredients to my cakes only room temperature so i have no idea what could be causing it if the skewers and knife is coming out clean please someone help

Reaction score
Hello, sent you a private message - not sure you will receive any alert though so if you click on the envelope icon by your name at the top, you should be able to get to it.

Ask a Question