Adding Soda into Box Cake Mix

Reaction score
Wow there is just so much to learn here...everyday i learn something new...i'm telling you this is a really great place to be. I am not to sure though if i will be trying this one out as i have never being a great fan of sodas and then again nothing is wrong with experimenting ...after all that's what makes a great cook.

Reaction score
OH this is my favorite kind of cake! It does get super moist, so be careful if you go that route. I have found that making them into cupcakes and keeping them cold in the fridge helps a lot.

Reaction score
I have added soda to the dough to make ''Empanadas''. They come out great! I use always coca cola fr that, no other soda, to be honest not sure what the result would be like if no coca cola is used.

Reaction score
Hmmmm...always something new to try I suppose. I've been hearing about people using sodas a lot lately for cupcakes...I guess I don't see any reason why it couldn't work with cakes and cake mixes in general. With how much sugar is in sodas, though, I hope people aren't adding extra on top of that.

Reaction score
I honestly feel super tempted to try it next time I use a boxed cake mix :) I read the entire recipe and it sounds good enough! I'll definitely give it a try sooner or later, I love moist cakes, some cake mixes turn out so dry!

Ask a Question