Baker to the rescue: a sweet story

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. That is such a heart warming story. With the devastating hurricanes that destroyed Texas, the Caribbeans, and Puerto Rico, followed by the horrific Las Vegas shooting, I've been feeling very sad and emotionally drained. It's nice to read a happy story.

Reaction score
I feel the same way. It really does help to be able to do things for other people. I couldn't save a wedding site like that, but I do a little assisting people with lost and found pets in my neighborhood. Mostly just posting and researching, but it is something that has revealed people's capacity to help each other and their animals.

Reaction score
I feel the same way. It really does help to be able to do things for other people. I couldn't save a wedding site like that, but I do a little assisting people with lost and found pets in my neighborhood. Mostly just posting and researching, but it is something that has revealed people's capacity to help each other and their animals.

Helping people with their pets is important. My cat once got out and went missing for several days after a house guest left a back door open. Living in coyote country, I feared she would be killed by a coyote. I tacked up flyers everywhere. I walked every street in my neighborhood and the adjacent neighborhoods calling for her. A very kind lady saw what I was doing and took flyers to distribute in the neighborhood as well. It paid off when a neighbor's young daughter saw my cat in her backyard. They called me right away. She had been missing for nearly four days. Vet said she was hungry and dehydrated, but otherwise fine.

I was so grateful to my neighbors for reading the flyer and looking out for my lost cat. I took them a big gift basket and gave their young daughter a gift certificate for ToyRUs.

Pets are family. My ex and I had a section in our divorce settlement regarding custody of our cat and the care she was to receive for the rest of her life. She was a rescue from a rescue. Neighbors in Virginia adopted three cats from a rescue agency. While they made food available, they didn't care of the cats. This one cat used to come to my house to visit me. I'd pet and talk to her. She started bringing gifts of mice and birds. But I could see she wasn't well. She had injuries from being attacked by some other animal. So I asked the owners to give her to me. Then rushed her to the vet. My other neighbor ended up taking their other two cats. So all three ended up in good homes.

Ask a Question