Baking 2 items in same oven

Reaction score
Good Evening~ I thought I would ask before experimenting ...... If I am baking 2 - 9x13 pans of Brownies in the same
oven; is the baking time the same or longer? Thank you!

Reaction score
Good Evening~ I thought I would ask before experimenting ...... If I am baking 2 - 9x13 pans of Brownies in the same
I never bake by the clock, theres too many variable, every oven is different, baking pans are different.
time is just a rough guide, you still have to be able to identify whether its done.
if a knife inserted in the middle comes out with liquid mix on the blade its safe to say its not done.
the top tray will bake first, remove and move the lower one up.

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but every time I bake two things on different levels in the oven, one tray of muffins is not baked from the top and the other from the bottom, so personally I'm not fan of baking several things at the same time.

Reaction score
When baking two 9x13 pans of brownies simultaneously, the baking time may be the same or slightly longer. Keep a close eye on them towards the end of the recommended baking time and use a toothpick to check for doneness.

Reaction score

In a home oven, baking two full size sheets is not advisable. The heating element is in the floor of the oven. Baking happens when the element heats the air. The warm air rises and the hot air heats the baking sheet. When the pans are stacked, the air cannot circulate around both pans evenly. The result is one sheet bakes more on the bottom, while the other bakes more on top. So nothing bakes properly.

This is why commercial ovens have fans and venting to ensure hot air circulates around each rack and excess steam can be pull out of the oven chamber.

Regarding baking time…baking times are estimates. every oven is different. Things are done when they are done in your oven, not the arbitrary time stated on the recipe. You have to use an oven thermometer to ensure your oven is at the correct temperature before you start baking. Then start checking for doneness about 5 min before the time indicated on the recipe.

Reaction score
last nite I baked 2 round cakes, a loaf pan, 24 baked donuts and a small individual in a foil mold, all at the same time. Loaf pan came out last but they all baked just fine.

Ask a Question