Baking Chocolate in Malaysia?

Reaction score
HI I am new here and I am an amateur baker from Malaysia.
I want to bake chocolate cakes, brownies, chocolate cookies, all that, but i can't seem to find a nice baking chocolate to use as an ingredient. My mother kept complaining about the chocolate not being "chocolate-y" enough, if that makes any sense.
Anyway, any malaysian bakers out there who is able to suggest some nice baking chocolates for me to look for? preferably not that expensive please I'm only 19 heh :)

THANK YOU.

Reaction score
Wish I could help you out but I'm not Malaysian so I'm not sure! But I have to say I love your country - I went to Penang once for vacation and it was so beautiful! Also I tried your famous Malaysian Cendol - do you like it? I thought it was pretty good but it was unlike any other sweet I had ever tried!

Anyway - welcome to the forums and I'm hoping someone can help you with the chocolate question!

Reaction score
Wish I could help you out but I'm not Malaysian so I'm not sure! But I have to say I love your country - I went to Penang once for vacation and it was so beautiful! Also I tried your famous Malaysian Cendol - do you like it? I thought it was pretty good but it was unlike any other sweet I had ever tried!

Anyway - welcome to the forums and I'm hoping someone can help you with the chocolate question!
Yes cendol is a local delicacy indeed and i LOVE it. especially when malaysia is super hot these days and its cold sweet desserts like these that are a life saver.
Thank you so much :)

Ask a Question