Best bread you have made?

Reaction score
What is the best bread you have made? For me it is bread that does not require kneading. Seriously this is the best bread recipe I have ever tried because it is not fussy and the results speak for themselves.

opening%20shot.JPG

http://theitaliandishblog.com/impor...d-for-40-cents-a-loaf-no-kneading-no-fus.html

Reaction score
The best bread I ever made was banana nut bread. It was delicious. I might make one today it has been a while.

Reaction score
My best bread has been a french-type of loaf. Does using a bread oven count? I love it because of the texture as much as the flavor. It's a good meaty bread with a soft interior.

Reaction score
Reaction score
The best bread I've ever made is Banana Bread With Fireside Chat. It was addicting and I don't know if it was the mixture of the beer in addition to the bananas or what? It was sweet yet savory, thick yet moist, crunchy yet soft, aromatic and delicious. I added a bit of cinnamon to the dry mix to help push the flavor in the beer to give it a different taste. In my batter I added some 21st Amendment's Fireside Chat, which is a winter spiced ale with hints of winter aromatic spices such as nutmeg, cocoa and caramel. Yummy!!! ;)

Reaction score
That bread looks delicious! :p

The best bread I have made is a toss up between a 6 hour recipe for Honey Yeast Rolls or a very simple throw together Irish Soda Bread. I usually don't make the Irish Soda Bread because I am the only one who likes it and I don't like to see food go to waste.

Reaction score
I have two favorites. I love making pretzel bread rolls and Irish soda bread.

The pretzel rolls are light and soft while the soda bread is dense - I only ever want it in the winter. Dense bread is difficult to digest in the warmer months, but, paired with a stout and butter, it's delicious.

Reaction score
My best bread is just rolls, like Cloverleaf Rolls and Parker House Rolls.
I'm good at making dinner rolls from scratch. I've also made some good banana bread. I had a bread machine once but didn't like it. I like to knead dough by hand and I think bread machines take up too much space.

Reaction score
My favorite bread to bake is the Cottage-Dill bread . It is made with a dab of cottage cheese, and dill, and I like to also grate just a bit of carrot into the dough, which adds pretty golden flecks into the bread, and is also a healthy ingredient. I always make bread in my bread machine, and that was one of the first recipes that I tried, and is still my favorite.
You can also find the recipe online if you do not have it in a bread machine book, or regular recipe book.

Reaction score
The best bread I've ever made is Banana Bread With Fireside Chat. It was addicting and I don't know if it was the mixture of the beer in addition to the bananas or what? It was sweet yet savory, thick yet moist, crunchy yet soft, aromatic and delicious. I added a bit of cinnamon to the dry mix to help push the flavor in the beer to give it a different taste. In my batter I added some 21st Amendment's Fireside Chat, which is a winter spiced ale with hints of winter aromatic spices such as nutmeg, cocoa and caramel. Yummy!!! ;)

Banana bread is amazing too, I made some a few days ago with some over ripe bananas I had. I also decided to add some nuts to this one and it turned out great! such a simple yet delicious thing to bake.

Reaction score
I've made Chocolate Babka and I got beginner's luck! It is similar to brioche, but with a little more eggs and butter. It is baked in a loaf pan and the dough is rolled out, brushed with butter and sugar and sprinkled with chopped dark chocolate, is rolled in two logs and the logs are braided together and placed in the loaf pan. The recipe I used even had a streusel sprinkle on top. After it was baked and cooled, I sliced and portioned it all out, wrapped it very tightly in plastic and stored it in the freezer. Instant breakfast!

Reaction score
What is the best bread you have made? For me it is bread that does not require kneading. Seriously this is the best bread recipe I have ever tried because it is not fussy and the results speak for themselves.

opening%20shot.JPG

http://theitaliandishblog.com/impor...d-for-40-cents-a-loaf-no-kneading-no-fus.html

That is a delicious looking loaf of bread! The best one I have ever made came out of my bread maker, so I guess that was cheating! I gets stressed out with the kneading so I will have to try out that recipe! Thank you for posting!

Reaction score
I make these cream biscuits which are mostly heavy cream and flour. They are amazing. I don't make them very often because I can't afford to eat that much heavy cream calorically, but I do love them. I make biscuits and gravy with them and they are so good.

Also one time I made a frech bread in the shape of a catapillar (it was even green). It had pretzil legs and white chocolate dipped pretzil antenna with little marshmellows on top. It was pretty darn cute.

Reaction score
I made some bread a few weeks ago that was absolutely delicious - I added sesame oil, salt and pepper to the egg glaze and it tasted wonderful. The only problem was, I made it on a baking sheet, so it spread outwards in the oven rather than upwards, so the slices were all really short but wide. I think I'll use a loaf tin next time! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
That looks delicious! This is going to sound really simple and silly, but the best bread I ever made is when I was making cinnamon swirl bread, and I accidentally put twice the amount of cinnamon on it. I thought the taste was going to be too overpowering to eat, but it ended up tasting really amazing! I loved it!

Reaction score
Challah was the best bread I ever made. It did take some effort, but it was definitely worth it. It's easy to make it look incredible and fancy if you want to make a good impressions, but it also has a really great flavor that everyone I know who has tried it just loves. I would highly recommend trying it out.

Reaction score
I really like making iris soda bread. It is kind of refreshing and it is about the only kind of bread that I can make really well. I can make fruit breads, but iris soda bread is my go to non sweet bread.

Reaction score
For me that would have to be a raisin bread that i baked a couple years ago with the help of my grandmother ; i ate up every crumb it was just delicious.

Ask a Question