Best Holiday Baked Goods?

Reaction score
What are some good things to bake for taking to parties or giving as gifts for the holidays?

I just don't think you can go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, but I'd like some interesting things to make as well.

I made a praline pecan pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving, for something new and different. Now I'm looking for something new for Christmas.

Reaction score
Brownies are always a hit and there are so many different varieties to make. My personal favorite is caramel dark chocolate brownies.

Reaction score
I've been big on brownies as well, but there's always cheesecake, coffee cakes, tons of great cookie ideas (Pinterest has been giving me TOO many ideas if anything). It's not necessarily baking related, but I've been thinking about making fudge and other homemade candies as well this year.

Reaction score
I think once whatever you are baking taste great and is done to perfection it should be good for a gift...you could try rum cakes,fruit cakes or pies...i think you should also take into consideration the likes of the recipient.

Reaction score
I ended up making my usual... pecan pie. I changed it up just a bit, and it was the best I've ever made. I didn't even burn the crust!

I didn't end up giving away any baked goods this year. Too busy cooking for family and visitors!

Reaction score
Pecan pie is one of my favorites, but I have never attempted to make one on my own. It seems that it would be so complicated to do, even though there are not many ingredients involved. Pecans are not cheap so I think the fear of messing it up and wasting all of the money had left me a little timid to try it.

Reaction score
I used to feel the exact same way, Tina, but it's really easy. The biggest trick to it is not burning the crust. Just check on it about half way through, and if need be, cover the edges of the crust with some foil to prevent burning. Otherwise, it's simple. I was always afraid to attempt it, but once I did, I was pleased. I get the pecans on sale and I only buy exactly as much as I need. It doesn't take a lot. I bought a small bag for under $3.00 at Aldi, and I had most of the other ingredients already.

Ask a Question