Big or little? Mini muffins and cupcakes or giant, jumbo cakes?

Reaction score
I really like mini muffins and mini cakes and cupcakes. I think they look so cute. I also like the fact that I can just nibble a tiny little cake to get my sweets "fix," and then walk away. If I have none, I'll feel deprived. If I have too much, I'll feel guilty. So, the mini size is perfect for me.

I guess you could call them fun size cakes like the tiny candy bars are called fun size (who came up with that idea? tiny isn't fun sized!)

Which do you prefer, big or little? Sweet fiends keep in mind that you can always eat more than one of the little cakes if you want to. :D

Reaction score
I'm like you - satisfy the sweet tooth without the guilt! I think they are cuter too and would probably be drawn to them for that reason! Of course I would probably eat enough of the small ones to equal a big one because my mind would convince me I could have more! Lol!! :)

Reaction score
I am also a fan of little bite size pieces, and it's for much the same reason as you have both already mentioned - I can have my fix of a sweet goodie, but not have to worry about all the calories that come with a larger cupcake/muffin. Plus, there's just something so cute about little sweet treats, I find!

Reaction score
I'm a cake-a-holic..........it doesn't matter what size they are, I'm going to eat PLENTY of it!!!!!

Kid-eating-Cake-7-Health.jpeg

Reaction score
Only this morning I was looking at some mini cupcakes in the mall and wondered if people really buy those things. Funny you should mention this now. I guess mini might be best if we just want to bite and run so that we are not caught up like the little one in the pic.

Reaction score
Been trying to lose some weight lately, and you have just given me a great idea. I tend to eat too much of the things I lie though, but with enough will power I am sure one mini cake here or there wouldn't hurt. I might buy mini cake pans :)

Reaction score
Mini cupcakes are the best! Especially for the younger children because they can't eat the regular sized cupcakes by themselves. And I feel like you are able to eat more mini cupcakes instead of regular sized ones. I have had plenty of friends who simply split regular sized cupcakes in half because they want to try different flavors and they can't finish a whole one by themselves.

Reaction score
Mini cupcakes are the best! Especially for the younger children because they can't eat the regular sized cupcakes by themselves. And I feel like you are able to eat more mini cupcakes instead of regular sized ones. I have had plenty of friends who simply split regular sized cupcakes in half because they want to try different flavors and they can't finish a whole one by themselves.

Yes! I think 5 mini cupcakes equals one regular sized cupcake. And if there are several flavors available to much on...then it is preferable to eat the mini's, so you can eat other flavors!

I can eat about 3 regular cupcakes, which is about 15 mini's. But if I eat the mini's, I usually eat two of maybe three flavors, then I have to wait a while as the sugar taste in my mouth is too much to bear.

Reaction score
Yes! I think 5 mini cupcakes equals one regular sized cupcake. And if there are several flavors available to much on...then it is preferable to eat the mini's, so you can eat other flavors!

I can eat about 3 regular cupcakes, which is about 15 mini's. But if I eat the mini's, I usually eat two of maybe three flavors, then I have to wait a while as the sugar taste in my mouth is too much to bear.

That's right! You can get to try many more flavors with mini cupcakes because you can stuff more! I usually eat one regular sized cupcake and I've had enough. With mini cupcakes I can eat about 5-6 and I am still ok :)

Reaction score
Depending on my mood and occasion I like both. Every country has different kinds of cakes or cookies. Not just kinds but perception about cakes and cookies. It is not in the spirit of Serbia to make a cake like Sponge cake or Butter cake. We have cakes called Dinastija, or Puslica (meringue) they are creamy and the crusts are much thinner while the filling are richer. Also cookies are different. We never make chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies. So, I like both versions but it really depends on many factors.

Ask a Question