Brownies in the microwave...What?!

Reaction score
I read an article the other day about someone teaching people how to make brownies in the microwave...I've never heard of this before, unless it was a specific kit designed for the microwave. I'm sure they don't taste as great as homemade, but I'm still baffled that you could actually cook a brownie in the microwave. Couldn't it be dangerous? Then again, I've eaten microwaved eggs before. I just wonder how the whole thing would turn out. Have you ever tried it?

Reaction score
I've never tried it but i've heard of it. I've cooked other microwave cakes though and they've turned out ok. I'd never cook an egg in the microwave though! I only ever cook "egg-less" cakes in the microwave.

Reaction score
Wow if this is true then I'd love to know how! I don't understand why you think it's dangerous though. I guess it wont taste the same as baked ones. My oven has broken down and all I have is the microwave. So I'm really looking for stuff, particularly desserts that I can make in it.

Reaction score
I've never tried it but i've heard of it. I've cooked other microwave cakes though and they've turned out ok. I'd never cook an egg in the microwave though! I only ever cook "egg-less" cakes in the microwave.

Can you please share some of your recipes for microwave cake? I've made mug cakes, with recipes off the net, but I was wondering if you can make a normal cake, even if a small sized one. How do you go about it? I'd really appreciate any pointers! Thanks! :)

Reaction score
I've done several of the brownie (or whatever) in a cup variations and they mostly come out quite nicely, though much cakier and less dense than you can achieve in the oven.

Reaction score
I'll see if I can find them, i've posted the flapjack one on another thread but not the cake one.

Reaction score
I would like to see how to make a brownie in the microwave also ! It uses so much electricity to heat up the oven, so we don't often use it, especially in the summer when we are trying to keep the house cool.
I found one of those toaster ovens on Craigslist, and we make biscuits in that every now and then, since it does not take as much to heat that up as the whole oven does.

Reaction score
Thank you! That sounds good, but then it's got eggs in it. Does anyone have a similar recipe but without eggs? Or is that impossible?

Reaction score
I've made mug brownies in the microwave before, and they've always turned out pretty well. Mug brownies don't require eggs - just sugar, flour, cocoa powder, oil and water. You can add a pinch of salt and some vanilla essence if you want as well. If you Google, there are plenty of recipes out there.

I guess you could use larger quantities and put them in a pan to make a whole batch of brownies, but I haven't tried this so I wouldn't know.

Reaction score
I've made mug brownies in the microwave before, and they've always turned out pretty well. Mug brownies don't require eggs - just sugar, flour, cocoa powder, oil and water. You can add a pinch of salt and some vanilla essence if you want as well. If you Google, there are plenty of recipes out there.

How do you go about with these ingredients?? Like you make brownies in the oven? I tried it once in the microwave but it turned extremely hard and crusty!

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has never heard of them, but it's also cool to hear about people who have made them successfully! Honestly, if I could make a brownie in the microwave, I think I would be super pumped even if it wasn't moist or dense enough! Lol I am just too lazy for my own good...

Reaction score
Oh gawd no.. I haven't. I wouldn't! lol. I apologize to anyone who does or would, but.. different strokes right? To each their own. I just.. oh my gosh, no haha. Microwaves scare me as it is and they kill off anything good about the food you're eating from it.. and then the texture! Oh gosh.. just.. no lol. I don't use my microwave at all any more.

Again, sorry if this sounds judgey lol, I just..... nope

Reaction score
Not just brownies but I wouldn't microwave any cookie because this oven tends to dry too much all cookies and pastries, besides I feel it might be dangerous if overdone may catch fire, or at least think so.

Reaction score
I have never tried brownies, but I have made cake in a cup in a microwave. It isn't as delicious as a real cake but it is a fun treat and you can mix it up by adding berries and whipped cream on it and it's fast!!

Reaction score
I never tried making full size brownies, but I have made a mug brownie? I've also made a mug cookie that required a egg yolk, and I've never gotten sick from eating them.

Reaction score
Microwave brownies made in the microwave are delicious! They are not as dense as the ones you put in the oven, the kindof take on an angelfood cake consistency that I loved. It has been quite a while so I will see if I can find a recipe.

Reaction score
I've seen mug cakes/mug brownies. I know a lady online who makes them sometimes and who says they are very good. I've never tried them because I really don't use the microwave much...I just use it to heat up leftovers sometimes, but I often use the stove and oven for everything, including heating things up...

Ask a Question