Cardamon buns production in professional bakery

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm trying to understand how different professional bakeries operate and manage their production. Can anyone with professional bakery experience explain how they manage the production of yeast enriched dough, in particular cardamon/cinnamon buns across days? I'm aware this is usual a 2 day process but I'm a little confused on which days proof happens (bulk and final) and if cold proof is used at which stage. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm trying to understand how different professional bakeries operate and manage their production. Can anyone with professional bakery experience explain how they manage the production of yeast enriched dough, in particular cardamon/cinnamon buns across days? I'm aware this is usual a 2 day process but I'm a little confused on which days proof happens (bulk and final) and if cold proof is used at which stage. Thanks!
theres too many variables , it can be done in many various ways .
bread is a loser in baking, too labor intensive.

Reaction score
theres too many variables , it can be done in many various ways .
bread is a loser in baking, too labor intensive.
Do you have an example of best way (in your opinion and experience) that this was managed? I work in a bakery where we use a lot of croissant dough trim in the dough and therefore it is not fully reliant on yeast - barely any in it. I'm interested in full yeast-based cardamon/cinn buns, and what other bakery's do. Thanks!

Reaction score
oh , those rolls, thought you meant bread rolls.

I used brioche dough, made them up in large volume using a sheeter machine, covered a 10 foot table and divided into 4 strips 8 inches wide, 150 rolls per baton of dough, roll and cut and pack onto trays, wrap full sheetpans with clear plastic bags and freeze ,
pull each day for the next mornings bake. they proof in the fridge overnite.
no proof before freezing.
I only made croiss fresh every day, anything that can be cycled through a freezer saves time.
croiss scraps went into the next days dough.

cinn roll dough made up twice a week. mix the dough and chill thoroughly enough to pass through the sheeter.

Ask a Question