Cheesecake

Reaction score
Do any of you have a recipe for an old fashioned cheesecake? I am looking for a basic recipe that is just cheesecake and Graham crust. I plan to put some cherry sauce on top of it.

Reaction score
I think someone asked for this recipe before, but I don't remember what thread I posted the recipe in.

Reaction score
I do not have any recipe laying around, but I did come to brag a little bit about this blueberry cheesecake that I tried the other day. It was fantastic, and it actually surprised me a little bit because I am not sure I have ever had one with blueberries, but it is the way to go. They had come apricot ones that looked pretty good too, but I will save those for next time.

Reaction score
Are you talking plain cheesecake like a New York Cheesecake style? I have a good recipe for that in my bookmarks!

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused because upon seeing Graham biscuits, what comes to my mind is the refrigerator cake. We call it that because it is a no-bake cake. But I understand that it is Graham crust you are talking about, it is alien to me though because I fancy cheesecake but I have to admit that I am only good when it comes to eating. But I have promised myself that before the end of the year, I would be doing some real baking. And I would add cheesecake in my initial experiments.

Reaction score
250px-Graham-Cracker-Stack.jpg
Maybe this is what it looks like @Corzhens ? Around here lots of people use the digestive biscuits for the crust and I love it.

Reaction score
250px-Graham-Cracker-Stack.jpg
Maybe this is what it looks like @Corzhens ? Around here lots of people use the digestive biscuits for the crust and I love it.

Yes, a lot of people don't like Graham Crackers, so they use cookies of different kinds.

I personally think the Graham Cracker crust on a cheesecake is the best part! I like a thick crust, needless to say. LOL

Some people don't even use cookies or crackers, they use Lady Fingers.

Cheesecake is one of those very forgiving desserts that will pretty much go with any kind of crust.

I think the BEST cheesecake crust I ever had was ground Graham Crackers, ground walnuts, ground pecans, with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg in it. OMG that was SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Reaction score
Sounds like I would be on board with your soooooo goooood combination. I hear digestives mentioned by the few people I know who make it. For me the crust is the best part. I could eat the crust all day.

Ask a Question