Cheesy Quiche Crust

Reaction score
I was looking for a new recipe for a quiche crust, since I don't have any pre-made ones on hand, and I came across this one that I plan on trying this week. It's different because it has cheese in the actual crust, not just in the quiche, so it's especially designed for savory dishes. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/107297/cheesy-quiche-crust/ It looks simple to make, and you pre-bake it before filling it with the quiche recipe you decide to use.

I'm going to use red bell peppers, sausage, cheese, spinach, and of course eggs in my quiche.

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

5 teaspoons cold water

6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces

Place flour in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the chopped butter; rub butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs. Stir in the grated cheese. Sprinkle water over the flour mixture, a teaspoon at a time, stirring lightly with a fork. Add just enough water to allow the dough form a ball and cleanly leave the sides of the bowl. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll out dough, and place in a 9 inch pie/quiche pan. Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry.

Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes before filling with quiche custard of your choice.

Reaction score
I made the above recipe the other day. I do like the fact that it incorporates cheddar cheese into the crust, so it's specifically geared towards more savory fillings than the traditional crust. Although I chilled it in the refrigerator for over 30 minutes, that made it somewhat difficult to work with straight out of the fridge, and then it became very soft and sticky, and therefore difficult to roll out and transfer to the quiche pan. If I use this recipe in the future, I'll add more flour, so that it's a bit stiffer, which should alleviate that issue. I enjoyed the taste of it, so I'd start off adding a little more flour at a time, rather than simply dumping more in, so as to retain the flavor.

Reaction score
This looks like something I would love to make. It actually looks so simple and I do like simple things to try especially with my very hectic schedule. I am also a big cheese fan so this would go down well with me and hopefully the family.

Reaction score
That crust sounds delicious, Iv might use this recipe as well! The Cheddar in it must add a really rad taste to the recipe :) Definitely a must try! My current crust doesn't have a strong flavor, but works well. I wonder if the consistency and flavor would change much if I added Parmesan instead?

Ask a Question