Chocolate Cake

Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone have an amazing tried and tested chocolate cake recipe as I am wanting one for a celebration cake but finding some are too dry or just not chocolately enough?

Thanks a million
x

Reaction score
yep...

An olive oil chocolate cake. It is one of the most moist cakes I have had. Don't use good quality olive oil though - you want the cheap stuff that does not have much taste to it.
And be generous with the cocoa powder and get some good quality stuff. I would even be tempted to add some melted dark chocolate to the mix just before baking. It would add that little something extra.

https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/chocolate-olive-oil-cake.2482/#post-20195

Reaction score
LOL Finally! A reason to WANT the cheap EVOO!!! ;):D

With any chocolate recipe I always add a "smidge" more cocoa powder and some melted chocolate. If it's too runny, then add a little more powder.

Reaction score
I made a Girardeli chocolate cake a long time ago that was wonderful. I don't have the recipe with me because it was in my moms cook book, but you might be able to look it up.

Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone have an amazing tried and tested chocolate cake recipe as I am wanting one for a celebration cake but finding some are too dry or just not chocolately enough?

Thanks a million
x

You can make any chocolate cake recipe more moist by adding mayo instead of oil. I know it sounbds crazy, but it does work and no, your cakes doesn't end up tasting like mayo! I actually gave it a try and was amazed at the results!

Ask a Question