Cookie Guilt

Reaction score
Today while at the grocery store, there was a huge sale on refrigerated cookie dough! Pillsbury cookie dough was on sale for $1.00 per pack. (Makes two dozen cookies per pack) I also had a coupon for 75 cents off when you buy 2. I bought two packs and only paid $1.25! I was so excited for my bargain! That's 4 dozen cookies for only $1.25! I felt so frugal and smart! I rushed home, put away groceries and started baking cookies. I knew these cookies would be perfect to pack in lunches this next week.
When the first batch finished baking, I offered my husband a cookie and glass of milk. He took one bite, snarled his nose a little and said, "Oh, they aren't YOUR cookies." I asked what he meant?! He was referring to the fact that they weren't homemade.
I felt guilty! I know he likes my homemade cookies better, but I saved so much money by buying premade dough! Not to mention the time it saved me!
Do you ever feel guilty when you serve something to your family that isn't homemade? Do they notice? Why do I feel so guilty?

Reaction score
It's a compliment, I think :) I made premade chocolate chip cookies the other day and at first, I did feel sort of badly that I wasn't "giving it my all," but dang it, I really just wanted to EAT some cookies. Don't feel too badly :)

Reaction score
It's a compliment, I think :) I made premade chocolate chip cookies the other day and at first, I did feel sort of badly that I wasn't "giving it my all," but dang it, I really just wanted to EAT some cookies. Don't feel too badly :)
Thank you! That makes me feel much better! I like the idea of thinking of it as a compliment, that is a great idea! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who occassionally makes premade cookies! :)

Reaction score
There is a big difference between making homemade cookies versus using pre-made dough. Homemade cookies taste a lot better.
However, sometimes there's no time to make your own dough. In that case, I use pre-made dough. Don't be ashamed to use pre-made dough. I think everybody does at one time or another.

Ask a Question