Cookies Vs Cake

Reaction score
Yesterday, I got into a big discussion with my girlfriend about our favorite desert. I instantly choose cookies while she was all about cake. My favorite cookie is the classic chocolate chip while her favorite cake is chocolate with cream cheese swirl. While I do love cake and its many varieties. Cookies will always be the first thing I grab for when given the option.

What do you guys choose when you want a desert or something to eat?

Reaction score
I love cookies. I don't like cake. So I would choose cookies! Chocolate chip please. Or oatmeal raisin. Yummy!!!

Reaction score
Cake. LOVE cake. It loves me, it's an intimate relationship that I will never be able to ever give up.... LOL
I also love cookies. I would hate to choose one over the other. LOL

Reaction score
I would definitely choose cake! You can savor every bite and you can decorate it to look as pretty as you want. Cookies are great, but they can leave quite a mess with the crumbs and sometimes they're pretty hard. When I think dessert, I'd rather have something soft and smooth. Regarding the type of cake, nothing says dessert like a good old rich chocolate cake with chocolate icing to top it off. :)

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong here about my love for cookies over cake. I love cake if it is chocolate but cookies will be better always.

Reaction score
Yesterday, I got into a big discussion with my girlfriend about our favorite desert. I instantly choose cookies while she was all about cake. My favorite cookie is the classic chocolate chip while her favorite cake is chocolate with cream cheese swirl. While I do love cake and its many varieties. Cookies will always be the first thing I grab for when given the option.

I love cake. Maybe too much. My favorite is my mother's Red Velvet (only my mother's) and second is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I like cookies too, but cake will win with me every time.

Reaction score
I love cake. Maybe too much. My favorite is my mother's Red Velvet (only my mother's) and second is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I like cookies too, but cake will win with me every time.

What about red velvet cookies?

Where cake fails is where cookies will always prevail. Cookies are like a compacted treat of goodness. The flavor just explodes when it is bitten into.

Cake just can't compare.

Reaction score
I generally don't get major sweet tooth cravings, but when I do, usually half a cookie will suffice. It's often after a big meal, so I'm already really full - in which a slice of cake would simply be too much for me. But a small piece of a cookie will hit the spot. Also, the frostings on cake make them especially fattening on top of the cake itself which already has a lot of oil in it. Cookies can be made a little more low fat without much loss in quality. Plus if you make too many, they freeze better.

Reaction score

I think I eat more cookies than cake because I feel less guilty eating cake than cookies. Cookies are so easy to just sneak and grab them and eat on the run, while you have to sit down with the cake. Cake is also more filling to me. But if I absolutely had to choose, I would have to say that cheesecake is my favorite real dessert to eat!

Ask a Question