Dacquoise in Cheesecake

Reaction score
Hello All
Looking for some advise please. I'm going to make a Raffaelo cheessecake. So, I want to create a white chocolate cheesecake with thin crunchy layer somewhere within the cake. Best thing to use I ( in my way of thinking )is a dacquoise layer.

If I brush my dacquoise with a chocolate coat on each side, do you think it would protect it enough so it doesn't become chewy?
Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Hello All
Looking for some advise please. I'm going to make a Raffaelo cheessecake. So, I want to create a white chocolate cheesecake with thin crunchy layer somewhere within the cake. Best thing to use I ( in my way of thinking )is a dacquoise layer.

If I brush my dacquoise with a chocolate coat on each side, do you think it would protect it enough so it doesn't become chewy?
Any other ideas would be appreciated!

A dacquoise will not be crunchy. It's soft inside, and after it's dipped in chocolate the exterior will lose its crunch.

Also, placing a thick layer of cake in the middle of a cheesecake will create a unappetizing clunky heavy dessert with no visual presentation.

When making a heavy dessert like a custard, less is better. If you want to layer, then first you need to bring the scale down. Think individual portions.

For a crunch, use garnish like Valrhona chocolate crunchy pearls. Or make garnish with chocolate and Callebaut’s pailleté feuilletine.

Instead of a craham cracker, you can add more texture with a nut crumble crust. If you don’t know how to make one, I can post a formula.

https://www.valrhona-chocolate.com/valrhona-dark-chocolate-crunchy-pearls-55.html

Ask a Question