Do you ever add bacon to your cup cakes?

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by True2marie, Dec 9, 2013.

?

Do you ever add bacon to your cup cakes?

1. No - I only eat my bacon with eggs.

72.2%
  2. Yes - I enjoy mixing it up a bit.

27.8%
  1. True2marie

True2marie Well-Known Member

The truth: bacon does go well with everything, even cupcakes. For a bit of variety, I fry up a few slices and crumble them up as a topping over my cupcakes. The salty taste works well with the sweetness of icing. Also, it's easy to do.

[​IMG]

True2marie, Dec 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. True2marie

TheViper Well-Known Member

Ah yeah!

Bacon taste great on top of even bacon!

I ate a bacon topped cupcake before and it was better than expected. The bacon even tasted it slightly sweet and there are others that balance the salty flavor well.

TheViper, Dec 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. True2marie

andrew172 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! You can do this?! I never even thought to put bacon on cupcakes before.... maybe waffles, but never cupcakes! I think I'll have to try this out!

andrew172, Dec 9, 2013
  4. True2marie

MyDigitalpoint Well-Known Member

Can't vote because I do not only add bacon to my eggs, but also to many other dishes, but never to cup cakes.

The idea doesn't sound appealing to my taste.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 9, 2013
  5. True2marie

Josie Well-Known Member

I've never tried it, but only because I'm not a cupcake girl. I AM, however, a sweet and salty girl lol, so I know it would be awesome. I haven't yet started baking with bacon, but I have been meaning to and I know my family would be all over it. I'd like to try it in some sort of bar or cookie,.

Josie, Dec 11, 2013
  6. True2marie

Christine Mlinek Well-Known Member

never tried it yet on cupcakes, but there are some really cool recipes on Pinterest with maple, etc.
    I keep meaning to give it a try, but every time I fry up the bacon, it disappears in my mouth and never makes it to the cupcake. LOL

Christine Mlinek, Dec 11, 2013
  7. True2marie

cupcakes7 Member

This sounds like heaven to me. Two of my favorite obsessions. How come I never thought of this already? I must try this, like right now. I may have to change my name to glutton after this.

cupcakes7, Dec 12, 2013
  8. True2marie

cupcakes7 Member

I decided to try a recipe that is dark chocolate bacon cupcake. I made a couple for my friends and I over the weekend. I had a few hits, and misses until I just got it right. These are some so moist and ridiculously flavorful. I would say, try it you won't be disappointed.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dark-chocolate-bacon-cupcakes/

[​IMG]

cupcakes7, Dec 25, 2013
  9. True2marie

Kaylah Member

Um, no. That does not sound like a good combination to me lol. But who knows, I may end up liking it if I try it. Other people here seem to like it.

Kaylah, Dec 25, 2013
  10. True2marie

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I love sweet and salty combinations, so I'm planning on trying this sometime, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I would probably do a maple flavored frosting to go with the bacon because maple and bacon are a great combination.

ACSAPA, Dec 25, 2013
  11. True2marie

TheViper Well-Known Member

I think that bacon and chocolate is a match made in heaven. My cousin bought over some chocolate covered bacon strips that she made at home. I know that these are very unhealthy but I couldn't resist eating a couple.

TheViper, Dec 26, 2013
  12. True2marie

shaybearlv Member

I just had to check out this thread! I know many people say bacon is good with everything. I don’t cook with it whatsoever but that is because I have a pork allergy and the taste is just not good enough to literally die for. I may have to make them as a surprise for my husband…maybe for his birthday? He only gets to eat pork the few times we eat out or for holiday meals with ham. Ha!

shaybearlv, Jan 1, 2014
  13. True2marie

cmckinney01 Well-Known Member

I have never tried bacon on cupcakes. This sounds like a delicious idea, though. I also like the idea of the varying tastes: salty versus sweet. I am going to try this and see how it turns out.

cmckinney01, Jan 2, 2014
  14. True2marie

cherza Well-Known Member

I use a small piece of real bacon as a topping on my cupcakes. I put the real bacon pieces on vanilla cupcakes. Make sure the bacon is well done and crispy. The bacon adds a savory and salty taste to the cupcake.

cherza, Jan 10, 2014
  15. True2marie

smlewis00 Well-Known Member

I have never used bacon as a topping on my cupcakes. I have however had bacon crumbled on top of a donut before. It was amazing! While I do find it delicious, I do not plan to add bacon to my baked goods anytime soon. I don't need the extra calories! :) If I do it, it will only be for an extra special occassion! Getting my family to eat healthy is already a bit of a challenge at times. :)

smlewis00, Jan 12, 2014
  16. True2marie

randee555 Well-Known Member

First of all, I love bacon! I have seen shows like "Cupcake Wars", where they have incorporated bacon and all sorts of other items into their cupcakes. I, however, have never done and I'm curious as to how it would taste.

randee555, Jan 15, 2014
  17. True2marie

VioletxSkye Well-Known Member

I've never actually used bacon on cupcakes, but like the PP after watching bakers on tv that have, I have been curious to do it. When ever I do make cupcakes, I am very tempted to do it.

VioletxSkye, Jan 16, 2014
  18. True2marie

Lacey Well-Known Member

I am going to have to try that it looks and sounds delicious. I add it to our pancakes and it is always delicious with the syrup so I am thinking that it would be tasty with the sweetness of cupcakes too. Next time I have to make cupcakes I am for sure going to add in some bacon to them and see how they go over.

Lacey, Feb 17, 2014
  19. True2marie

Manny Active Member

Maple icing with bacon bits is one of my favourite cupcake toppings. Soooo yummy.

Manny, Feb 19, 2014
  20. True2marie

Caffajake Member

I keep seeing this idea everywhere and I've never tried it before. Is this only with savoury cupcakes? Or can you just randomly add bacon to any kind of cupcake?

Caffajake, Feb 22, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question