Do you ever add bacon to your cup cakes?

Do you ever add bacon to your cup cakes?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Wow! I never even thought of this as a possible combination, and I never knew it was so popular. I've never tried this in my life. A salty and sweet combination. Pastries and meat in one.

Definitely a must-try!

Reaction score
I trie these for the first time the other day. I was so so incredibly skeptical about them, but it turns out they're pretty good!!! though in the ones I tried the bacon was in the dough and not the icing.

Reaction score
I'm a little burned out on the bacon craze which has been going on for the past 5+ years now. I think it was mainly spurred by the groups of people adopting the "Paleo" diet - bacon has more or less become their comfort food to replace bread and starches. Everything is "bacon-wrapped-this" or "bacon-wrapped-that", and there's this sort of persona of some die-hard meat eating metro cave man hipster that's evolved from it. You know, the ones that have freakishly unkempt beards and $500 man purses, and listen to Mumford & Sons....

I like bacon along side some maple syrup drenched french toast or pancakes or waffles - but that's usually about as far as I go with combining bacon with sweet things.

Reaction score
Hmm, well I have not used bacon in anything else other than savory foods and on its own with eggs for breakfast. I have always wanted to make savory muffins with cheese and bacon, to me that just sounds delicious.

Reaction score
This is a common cupcake option where I am from. Bacon and maple syrup go together; and being from Canada we have access to copious amounts of maple syrup. Maple butter cream icing with bacon; delicious! If you are going to attempt bacon cupcakes, my advice would be not to overdue it. Make the bacon subtle; you still want your cupcake to be nice a sweet, not overly salty.

Reaction score
Wow, I've never thought of adding bacon to cupcakes before! I'm quite tempted to try it now although I'm not sure how well it'd go down with the rest of the family.

Reaction score
I recently made chocolate cupcakes topped with maple icing and bacon bits. They were divine! I made them for a friend who is lactose intolerant, and loves bacon. The maple butter cream icing was made using coconut oil. Yum!

Reaction score
I have difficulties eating bacon for breakfast, so bacon on cupcakes would just ruin the cupcake, for me. While I like foods with the salty/sweet combination, like Payday peanut bars, bacon is too fatty.

If given the choice, I'd prefer salted nuts sprinkled on top.

Reaction score
I have yet to try putting bacon into my muffins but I have added bacon to my savory muffins and what a hit!
I have also yet to try this but it sounds just mouth watering : lining a muffin tin with bacon strips, adding I think one or two eggs and some tomato and it comes out like a yummy breakfast treat, or so I have been told lol;)

Reaction score
When did bacon become a dessert topping? Why is eveyone going crazy over bacon like it is some new inevntion ? Can we put bacon back on the breakfast table and stop trying to make it something it is not.

Reaction score
I do, but in moderation. Better not to go totally overboard....but the salty and sweet combination can be wonderful when done properly. I think cookies and cupcakes are a good option for that kind of thing.

Reaction score
The truth: bacon does go well with everything, even cupcakes. For a bit of variety, I fry up a few slices and crumble them up as a topping over my cupcakes. The salty taste works well with the sweetness of icing. Also, it's easy to do.

lens5386922_1246201952Bacon_Cupcakes.jpg

Sweet heavens. I love bacon, but I have never heard of bacon working well in desserts. I am inspired, madam, and will be trying this out sometime in the near future.

Reaction score
Wow the picture of the cupcake with the actual bacon looks great. Although I have never tried it before be I am definately gonna try it now. I will let you guys and gals know how it went.

Reaction score
I am amazed that this might taste good. I suppose the only way is to try but I did check the original post wasn't on April Fools day.

Reaction score
I have been wanting to try this but can't bring myself to put meat on my cupcake. I have a weak stomach and don't think
it will work for me. Does anyone have a good recipe for this. Maybe with just a little bacon. What type of cupcake goes best with
that.

Reaction score
Bacon is the best meat ever and quite literally goes good on anything. I have never tried bacon on a cupcake, but have had a bacon maple donut. It truely is sinful, but sooooo yummy. I have a recipe for an apple cupcake topped with maple buttercream frosting so I think i will add some bacon sprinkles to it next time I make it.

Reaction score
Yes, I have also added finely chopped bacon to chocolate chip cookie recipes. When it comes to cupcakes I usually crumble the bacon on top, but when I made a devils food cupcake with a dark chocolate fudge frosting I cut a bacon piece in half and dipped one end of each half into dark chocolate and used it as a decoration.

Reaction score
I've had a few requests for these recently, so I'll have to get down to baking tomorrow and make some. I dunno if I like the idea myself, but hey, enough people have been asking me for them after they've read about them on the internet and such, so we'll see how things go :)

Ask a Question