Do you follow the recipe?

Reaction score
When baking do you follow the recipe down to the exact measurements? I try to most of the time but sometimes l do add less or more of one thing what about you.

Reaction score
Because baking is a science I don't mess with the basic formula. I follow the baking and mixing instructions. The only thing I will change is add some extra flavor , a little coffee of a different type of chocolate. I may swap one nut for another or switch up the fruit.

Reaction score
I usually don't follow the recipes exact, I tend to like making things my own so I'll add more or less of something to how I desire. I like using nutmeg and cinnamon as well, even if a recipe doesn't call for them. Sometimes I'll add some food colouring because I like adding some colour in my foods (preferably blue or red).

Reaction score
I always follow the recipe. I have a very hard time winging it. I always need directions to follow. If I don't have a certain ingredient, I need to look up a substitution... I can never just try it out on my own.

Reaction score
For the most part I follow the recipe to the exact measurements, unless I'm only making half of the recipe, or if I think it would turn out better with more or less of a certain ingredient. Sugar is a good example. For instance, if I think a recipe contains too much sugar then sometimes I reduce it. Many of my relatives don't like the overly sugary taste.

Reaction score
Hardly ever. Partly I just don't work that way generally, I get on a roll and just keep going, but partly it seems like I almost always end up missing an ingredient, or having too little of something.

So I tend to adapt things. It usually turns out okay, though.

Ask a Question