Do you frost or glaze your pound cake?

Do you frost or glaze your pound cake?

• Total voters
Reaction score
For pound cakes, I prefer to do a simple glaze made from confectioner's sugar. To me, this type of topping best complements my pound cake. However, I do know some people who using icing. Which one are you? Do you frost or glaze your pound cake.

Simple Lemon Glaze

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Preparation:

Mix powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and milk together in a small bowl. Adjust milk/juice for your desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled pound cake.

bunt-cake_300.jpg
Yum!

Reaction score
I have not tried to make a pound cake yet, but my grandma has them down pat. She just leaves the cake alone, though. She mixes up strawberries and sour cream in a bowl. You just cut your cake and top with the strawberry mixture. Way too yummy! We have also topped it with blueberry preserves. I love my grandma's pound cake.

Reaction score
I love to drizzle a glaze on top of my pound cake. Unless, it is chocolate then it is a sin to glaze it unless it is more chocolate!

Reaction score
For pound cakes, I prefer to do a simple glaze made from confectioner's sugar. To me, this type of topping best complements my pound cake. However, I do know some people who using icing. Which one are you? Do you frost or glaze your pound cake.
Simple Lemon Glaze

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation:
Mix powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and milk together in a small bowl. Adjust milk/juice for your desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled pound cake.

bunt-cake_300.jpg
Yum!
I'm definitely a big fan of glazing. Something about how it looks on the cake to begin with, but the fact that it doesn't over power the cake- I love!

Reaction score
I usually enjoy frosting on my pound cake. Glaze is not bad either but I just like frosting better. I guess because its thicker.

Reaction score
I am old school in that I glaze my pound cakes, but I like to add a modern day twist. Sometimes I will glaze them with ganache and other times with a sugar and berry glaze. I am one of those who has to alter about every recipe that I touch. My family loves this about me!

Reaction score
I like to glaze my bunt cakes with a recipe using btter powdered sugar and flavor extracts.

Reaction score
Definitely glazing...I think it's too easy to overpower the cake otherwise, so a simple glaze will usually do the trick. :)

Reaction score
Glaze is what I prefer. I like how its not that strong in taste yet makes my cake extra delicious.

Reaction score
I prefer to put glaze on pound cake. Pound cake is already heavy and dense so putting frosting on it seems like overkill. Frosting would be too heavy and too sweet for pound cake.

Reaction score

Simple Lemon Glaze

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Preparation:

bunt-cake_300.jpg
Yum!
I normally just do a simple glaze on my pound cakes, also on certain kinds of cookies as well. I guess certain baked goods just don't call for a lot of extra sweetness. I usually use a simple confectioner's sugar glaze but I LOVE the one you posted above! I love lemon anyway so this would be amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!! This will be my next recipe to try!!

Danyel :)

Ask a Question