Favorite recipe to make with children

Reaction score
Well i guess it depends on the age of the child and how well he/she maneuvers around the kitchen; i usually bake oatmeal/chocolate cookies, muffins, bake mac n cheese and banana bread....it's also down to the child's likes.

Reaction score
I love making cheese pie with my nieces, they help me with the crust always. We beat those cookies in a bag, then when they are all ground I add the melted butter, mix and then hand them to them so they can place it on the pie dish and cover it. They do a great job :D Meanwhile I mix all the ingredients for the filling. We have a lot fun.

Reaction score
Actually cooking pancake is a nice idea and this is just simple and easy and no baking needed. Graham Fruit Cocktail Refrigerated Cake and Pineapple Ice Box Cake are also easy recipes for children. This is just layering of biscuits like graham and lady finger and mixing whipping cream and condensed milk together with fruit cocktails and sweetened pineapple slices. Children will surely love doing this and it is just easy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a three year old nephew who likes to eat a lot. He also likes to help sometimes and it is usually when I make dough for some pie or bread. I just cut a small piece and give him to kneed it however he likes. He makes something and we put ti in the oven anyway to see how it will get bigger.Another thing that I like to do with him is making popcorn in the microwave oven and home made chips. First one is easy because we just watch the popping in microwave but for chips we need to do some things. So, washing tomatoes, pealing, slicing, draining, seasoning and the baking. He really enjoys these moments. And he really likes when I am making scrambled eggs. The part when I scramble them. Also when I have my knives sharpened he likes to dance in a funny way, like a ritual or something :).

Reaction score
I think some old fashioned bread baking would be fun with kids. They would have fun kneading the dough. Well, I did when I was little and my grandmother baked bread, so maybe they would too. I think kids really enjoy seeing something turn from a blob of dough into something good to eat, and I always thought it was cool that something I helped make tasted so good.

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever used children in a recipe!

6.jpg

LOL....
Sorry, just had to do that!!:eek::D:rolleyes:

One of my favorites my granny let me help with when I was little.....
It's super simple, but I always loved it...

Fried Baloney Sandwich

Sliced bread (any kind)
Condiment (any kind)
Slice of cheese (any kind)
Slice of onion (if you like onion)
Slice of tomato (if you like tomato)
One straw
Slice of thick baloney

Let the child use the straw to poke holes in the baloney and make a picture or design.
I always made a smiley face.

Lightly toast the bread
Fry the baloney
Spread condiment on toasted bread (mayo, mustard, ranch, etc...)
Place tomato on bottom piece of toast
Place onion on top of that
Place cheese on top of that (they can also poke hole designs in the cheese)
Place fried baloney on top of that
Place second toast slice on top

Reaction score
I still have great memories of making rhubarb pie with my parents at the little cabin that we used to get to go to. That was really something special, and I am sad to say that I have not continued it, mostly because we just cannot really find good rhubarb around here, and even so store bought is just not the same. There are some we have, but I miss this one. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I personally love making chocolate cookies with smiles on them, my little cousins really love those, they also enjoy printing the smile on the cookies, they really love doing it, they're kids, what else could you expect from them?.

Reaction score
As a mother to a six year old who always wants to be with me helping me in the kitchen, I have to say I really appreciate all of the suggestions and the ideas here. Thank you all. So far my daughter and I have only made chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies. I am so eager to try new and different things.

Reaction score
I don't have any children but remember from my childhood that cocopop marshmallow cakes were always a winner! I also remember making a basic cake mix and taking it outside where we had old tin cans with holes cut in and a candle in the middle. We'd then fry the cake mix on top of the tin can. Lots of fun, especially once it starts getting dark :)
I have never made cocopop marshmallow cakes. I am going to have to put this on the list of recipes to try with my kiddos. Thanks for the suggestion! So many delicious ideas on here.

Ask a Question