First ever chocolate ganache

Reaction score
So this client asked me to bake a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache. I had never baked this type of cake before. So what did I do? I went online and got me a good chocolate fudge cake recipe and set to work. I baked a rich chocolate cake and decorated it with fudge frosting. My chocolate cake had also been infused with rum! For my ganache I melted dark chocolate and added fresh heavy cream.

When i poured this over the cake even my kids went go-go ga-ga!

Reviews from the client after the cake was devoured! He only managed to get a teeny-weeny piece because his visitors devoured the entire cake and some even carried home.

The cake was a resounding success! Thank God!

Reaction score
Well done! Ganache is divine to eat and is wonderful as a topping on cakes at this time of year. Did the kids taste the rum?

I like to use the topping on everything and also to sandwich a cake because I love chocolate so much. I hope you took some photos too so you can post them on a website.

Reaction score
Ganache is so sinful, and yet, so tasty. Good job on making your first ever. I like to make a little extra when we make it so that I can pour some over ice cream. My family adores me when I make this sweet treat!

Ask a Question