Frozen dough/cookies

Reaction score
Hello,

I am preparing for Xmas by freezing a lot of cookie dough to have on hand but I wanted to know if I could freeze the cookies that I made from frozen dough?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am preparing for Xmas by freezing a lot of cookie dough to have on hand but I wanted to know if I could freeze the cookies that I made from frozen dough?

Depends on the type of cookie. A sugar cookie, drop cookie, and shortbread freezes okay. Macaroons, macarons, and meringue freeze well.

But bar cookies with layers of caramel, chocolate, nuts don’t do well.

But as a general rule it is better to freeze the cookie dough. For drop cookies. P
portion with a scoop, then freeze. For slice cookies, roll into a log, then freeze. For cutout cookies, shape into a square or rectangle, then freeze.

The closer to just baked out of the oven, the better the cookie.
The exception is a well formulated biscotti. Biscotti will keep for a couple of months, and gets better with time.

Reaction score
I baked lots of cookies for Christmas every year and froze them in food storage snap lid boxes with waxed paper in between layers. When defrosting, take the box out of the freezer, set it on a towel and leave it until it is entirely defrosted and room temperature. Then I pack them up for giving. I made sugar cookies with fondant and they froze just fine, for me. I also froze lots of other kinds, but not the bars Norcalbaker spoke of.

Ask a Question