Genoese sponge

Reaction score
im making this cake tomorrow and assembling and decorating it on Friday for the party on Saturday night. Will it still be fresh.

Reaction score
im making this cake tomorrow and assembling and decorating it on Friday for the party on Saturday night. Will it still be fresh.

Yes. A freshly baked cake is too soft to decorate. Baking two days in advance of serving is standard.

Double wrapped the cake in plastic wrap. Wrap securely but do not wrap it so tightly that they cake Crum is compressed. Leave it at room temperature.

After it’s decorated, if the filling and/or icing require refrigeration and you do not have a cake carrier, it’s best to wrap the cake in plastic wrap.

Place the cake in the refrigerator until the icing hardened. Then wrap it in plastic wrap.

Refrigerators are equipped with evaporators. So cakes placed in refrigerators tend to try out pretty quickly So wrapping the cake in plastic will keep it from dying out.

Cake will also pick up odors and flavors from the refrigerator. So wrapping it in plastic will keep it from absorbing refrigerator odors.

If you are hesitant to wrap the cake in plastic, or if your cake is too big for your carrier, a clean corrugated cardboard box can be used. I purchase new cardboard boxes specifically for this use.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this. The clips I’ve watched on YouTube don’t mention the odours from the fridge. Off I go baking now ☺️

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this. The clips I’ve watched on YouTube don’t mention the odours from the fridge. Off I go baking now ☺️

Even if there’s nothing in the refrigerator that is pungent, the refrigerator is equipped with any evaporator. And that will cause that disgusting refrigerator taste.

Reaction score
I’ve done it and quite pleased. Very simplistic but for a first attempt ...

Attachments

• 87ADDDB1-0D63-4942-A2B5-0C9AED16BEA5.jpeg
    87ADDDB1-0D63-4942-A2B5-0C9AED16BEA5.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 291
Reaction score
I’ve done it and quite pleased. Very simplistic but for a first attempt ...

It’s adorable! And I’m impressed as genoise is a very difficult cake to make. It usually takes a few tries to bake one that doesn’t collapse.

Well done.

Ask a Question