Greetings From San Carlos, California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cyber ghostx13, Apr 3, 2018.

1. cyber ghostx13

cyber ghostx13 Member

Hello to everyone. I am retired(4yrs) and 68 years old. I just ordered a ConvectionWorks Hi-Q Intelligent Oven(New) from Amazon for $217.00(total). I also ordered a AV(Audio/Video) 42 inch high 23 inch wide 18 inch deep, steel cart to put the oven on. The cart also has a 3 outlet(3prong) built in with a 15 foot cord. I searched microwave carts and other types before I accidentally found AV carts. They were almost all at 42 inches in height versus around 34 inches for microwave and other type carts. I am so excited to try a whole new adventure in cooking. The new oven has many accessories included including a bamboo board. What sold me on this oven is that it also has a rotisserie built in and just about every bell and whistle you can think of.

Anyway I know how to cook steaks, hamburgers, pork chops, old school breakfast(hash browns, scrambled eggs, toast and bacon), and French toast. I have also recently purchased an electric hand-mixer(Kitchen-Aid) and a Oster(Green) Belgian Waffle Maker. Problem is that I am a total newby when it comes to all things baking. I look forward to meeting and learning from others here and hopefully this "Grass-Hopper" will be enlightened. Thank you very much, Sayonara.

cyber ghostx13, Apr 3, 2018
    Becky and Norcalbaker59 like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. cyber ghostx13

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. We are always experimenting and learning, so you are in good company:)

Norcalbaker59, Apr 3, 2018
    cyber ghostx13 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. cyber ghostx13

cyber ghostx13 Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Well thanks for the welcome, I look forward to communicating here and meeting new people, and of course learning how to bake using my new convection oven. Sayonara.

cyber ghostx13, Apr 3, 2018
  4. cyber ghostx13

Becky Administrator

Great to have you here @cyber ghostx13! We have people of all experience levels here and we like to help each other out in whatever way we can, so you're in good company :)

What kind of things do you want to learn to bake?

Becky, Apr 4, 2018
  5. cyber ghostx13

cyber ghostx13 Member

Cherry pie for starters but probably not from scratch at least to begin with. Someday tho I hope to make Swedish "Cream Horns" I guess they are something like "Canolies". Anyway I look forward to learning from people here and getting to know them in the process. Thanks for your kind welcome. Sayonara.

cyber ghostx13, Apr 4, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question