Greetings From San Carlos, California

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am retired(4yrs) and 68 years old. I just ordered a ConvectionWorks Hi-Q Intelligent Oven(New) from Amazon for $217.00(total). I also ordered a AV(Audio/Video) 42 inch high 23 inch wide 18 inch deep, steel cart to put the oven on. The cart also has a 3 outlet(3prong) built in with a 15 foot cord. I searched microwave carts and other types before I accidentally found AV carts. They were almost all at 42 inches in height versus around 34 inches for microwave and other type carts. I am so excited to try a whole new adventure in cooking. The new oven has many accessories included including a bamboo board. What sold me on this oven is that it also has a rotisserie built in and just about every bell and whistle you can think of.

Anyway I know how to cook steaks, hamburgers, pork chops, old school breakfast(hash browns, scrambled eggs, toast and bacon), and French toast. I have also recently purchased an electric hand-mixer(Kitchen-Aid) and a Oster(Green) Belgian Waffle Maker. Problem is that I am a total newby when it comes to all things baking. I look forward to meeting and learning from others here and hopefully this "Grass-Hopper" will be enlightened. Thank you very much, Sayonara.

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am retired(4yrs) and 68 years old. I just ordered a ConvectionWorks Hi-Q Intelligent Oven(New) from Amazon for $217.00(total). I also ordered a AV(Audio/Video) 42 inch high 23 inch wide 18 inch deep, steel cart to put the oven on. The cart also has a 3 outlet(3prong) built in with a 15 foot cord. I searched microwave carts and other types before I accidentally found AV carts. They were almost all at 42 inches in height versus around 34 inches for microwave and other type carts. I am so excited to try a whole new adventure in cooking. The new oven has many accessories included including a bamboo board. What sold me on this oven is that it also has a rotisserie built in and just about every bell and whistle you can think of.

Anyway I know how to cook steaks, hamburgers, pork chops, old school breakfast(hash browns, scrambled eggs, toast and bacon), and French toast. I have also recently purchased an electric hand-mixer(Kitchen-Aid) and a Oster(Green) Belgian Waffle Maker. Problem is that I am a total newby when it comes to all things baking. I look forward to meeting and learning from others here and hopefully this "Grass-Hopper" will be enlightened. Thank you very much, Sayonara.

Welcome to the forum. We are always experimenting and learning, so you are in good company:)

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Welcome to the forum. We are always experimenting and learning, so you are in good company:)

Well thanks for the welcome, I look forward to communicating here and meeting new people, and of course learning how to bake using my new convection oven. Sayonara.

Reaction score
Great to have you here @cyber ghostx13! We have people of all experience levels here and we like to help each other out in whatever way we can, so you're in good company :)

What kind of things do you want to learn to bake?

Reaction score
Great to have you here @cyber ghostx13! We have people of all experience levels here and we like to help each other out in whatever way we can, so you're in good company :)

What kind of things do you want to learn to bake?

Cherry pie for starters but probably not from scratch at least to begin with. Someday tho I hope to make Swedish "Cream Horns" I guess they are something like "Canolies". Anyway I look forward to learning from people here and getting to know them in the process. Thanks for your kind welcome. Sayonara.

Ask a Question