Have you ever made a tiramisu cake?

Reaction score
I love tiramisu as a dessert, but I've recently come across some recipes for a cake version. I know it has sponge in it already, and for the most part it's kind of already like a cake in some of the versions it comes. But I'm wondering if building it like a round cake is really worth all the effort? It does look lovely, but I suppose I'm thinking I'll be disappointed if I try it. If I'm making it as a dessert, I usually put it into individual serving glasses.

Anyone here made a cake of it before?

Reaction score
I've made tiramisu before but never tiramisu cake. I feel like with the cake version, there's just something about it where you can't really compete or compare with the original tiramisu recipe.

I tend to not alter the recipe or change the "form" of it if it's perfect the way it is. And tiramisu is one of those: perfect dessert without any changes!

Reaction score
It's not so hard to make a tiramisu cake! I usually make mine using a big squared mold :) I have seen people doing a big circle with it, same with lemon dessert, so why not? I think a tiramisu cake looks very nice, and if it's done for a special occasion, then why not?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Maybe some of you have grate Tiramisu cake recipe and would like to share with me?
Thank you
tiramisu.png

Reaction score
I think it would have to have a different texture than the original in order to be a cake. Tiramisu usually has only wager cookies soaked in espresso as the bread/cake part, and the rest is more of a custard over it. You could make a cake with the custard as the filling and frosting I suppose, but you might want to only soak the bottom layer in espresso, otherwise the upper layers might be to heavy. Not sure, just me thinking.

Ask a Question