Have you ever made bundt cake?

Reaction score
I think these cakes look lovely, but I can't help thinking it would be a nightmare to get them out of the tin though. Does anyone here bake them? I was lookng at the cost of the tins online, and they're pretty expensive. I'd still like to know if it's worth the effort though.

Attachments

• bundtcake.jpg
    bundtcake.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 510
Reaction score
If you grease the pan and then dust it with flour like you would for a regular cake it comes out with no problem. Just set the pan upside down on a cooling rack. I used to make bundt cakes when my children were small because they could be drizzled with a glaze and they would not get so much sugar. I just used a regular cake mix. Their favorite was white or yellow cake with a lemon flavored drizzle on it.

Reaction score
Bundt cakes are like the easiest cake to make! They come out of their pan so easy. I've never had a problem with my cakes. I say give it a try.

Reaction score
I have made buntcakes before and nevr had any issues with them sticking to the pan. just make sure you coat the pan in something to keep it form sticking. Don't try to remover the cake form the pan unitl it is completly cool.

Reaction score
I have made a lot of bundt cakes using different shaped pans. I have found that the traditional classic shaped pans come out the easiest. Even after using shortening to grease my intricately designed holiday tree bundt pan my cakes don't fall out easily and ends up a mess. I would recommend the classic shaped pan to all bakers. I like that it bakes a little quicker than round cakes, the lines help with portion control when cutting and it also bakes evenly. I have had relatives who don't know anything about baking ask me how I get my cakes so pretty as they thought I somehow used a knife and spent hours carving it :). I use a non stick spray to grease the pans most of the time but use shortening for recipes that use sticky ingredients such as pineapple upside down or cranberry upside down.

Reaction score
i only bake bundts because they are so pretty and don't require much topping. I'd learned, though, not to let them cool completely in the pan, but to flip them after 10 minutes to cool completely right side up. Never asked the science behind it, but i've seen that it works.

Comparably, yes, the pans are much more expensive than rounds, but the aesthetic is sooooo worth it! I'm saving up for two $36 NordicWare pans right now...

Ask a Question