Have You Ever Made Jamaican-Style Bread Pudding?

Reaction score
Have you ever tasted bread pudding? How about a Jamaican-style bread pudding? It's actually my specialty, and when I make it, EVERYONE loves it! I have a few "secret ingredients" up my sleeve, and I think they give it an extra kick, but there are a few basic things that make up a good, Jamaican-style bread pudding.
You got your bread, of course, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and you're basically in!

But tell me, do you have any "secrets" to making the best bread pudding?

Would you try your hand at making a "Jamaican-style bread pudding?"

Let me know!
BreadPudding.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't have any bread pudding mastery secrets to share given that I'm not too big on bread pudding (though I've never had Jamaican-style bread pudding, and would definitely give it a try). But I'm also from a family of bread pudding addicts, and I suppose I really should learn some of the secrets you guys have to share ;).

Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't have any bread pudding mastery secrets to share given that I'm not too big on bread pudding (though I've never had Jamaican-style bread pudding, and would definitely give it a try). But I'm also from a family of bread pudding addicts, and I suppose I really should learn some of the secrets you guys have to share ;).

Hahaaa! I reeeally love your response! You're awesome! And so is your family for being bread-pudding-addicts! Lol! To be honest, I put "secret ingredients" in quotation marks, simply because I would love to let you in on what makes my bread puddings seem to stand out so much amongst those I serve it to--even people who aren't necessarily "in my social group", so that's how I get the confidence in myself to know that they work!! Yeah?!

Okay, so here goes...

There are two options that I take advantage of; I usually use the one, if the other isn't available around the house and I've already started baking. One...is CHOCOLATE! I actually got this tip from Chef Bobby Flay (Food Network Chef), on an episode of "Throwdown"; in that episode, he boasted about his not-so-secret "secret ingredient", chocolate, which he actually incorporates in even savory dishes! So, I gave it a try, and it worked!
On another occasion, I didn't have any chocolate or sweet cocoa powder around, but I had to find something that could work instead! So...I chose something of similar texture and sweetness as the cocoa powder...HORLICKS! Now, I'm not sure if this product is available in your area, but if you could get your hands on some, that would be awesome to better your bread pudding.
It's actually a malt powder, so if you can either find cocoa powder or malt powder, then you're definitely in good stead!

All the best with it! And thanks for your comment!

Ask a Question