Horse Cookies?

Reaction score
I know you don’t want to take my word on it that the body metabolizes foods differently, but this is nothing new. And as food labelling laws become more inclusive to educate the public on what is in their foods, corporations have pushed back to exclude information.

One of the areas that they have pushed to exclude is added sugar. They have petitioned the government to exclude inclusion of some added sugars as carbohydrates based on the way the body metabolizes them—they are sugars, but the body metabolizes them differently. The FDA has it under consideration because the science has long supported these facts.

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...tabolized-differently-than-traditional-sugars

What they teach in general biology is very limited. When you move from general chemistry and biology into more advanced levels things get very complex. Sugars are not all the same—even when they have the same exact molecules, life fructose and glucose, they will have a completely different composition in their structure. And those differences make a huge difference in how the body uses them. Science doesn’t generalize. If there is no area that you cannot google and talk about, it is science. You have to take classes in science, there are no shortcuts.

Reaction score
I’m surprised that you didn’t notice the totally different ring structure of fructose and glucose—that right there should have been your epiphany. Both are C₆H₁₂O₆—exactly the same!!! But they are totally different in structure.

Chemistry is what makes the body metabolism work, and how those molecules are arranged changes everything.

You wrote:
“So your saying we should never treat our horses to a snack for good behavior or anything? instead give them plain boring oats or anything?”

This is exactly what I mean when I say it is your emotional needs driving your feeding decisions. Your horse’s health and welfare should never be not dependent on how you feel; on his/her behavior.

The food your horse receives should always be appropriate to the animal. You think it’s boring, the horse has not concept of boring food. You are projecting your human emotions on to your horse.

Reaction score
I’ll continue to feed my horses treats because I’m fulfilling my emotional connection to my animals. My customers will as well because they’ve made the personal decision as well ^^ Youve changed nothing aside from induce a laughing fit among a group chat of horse owners, trainers and riders. That’s about as valuable as you were in the entire thing, so, ciao!

I’ll continue to making hundreds of dollars a month from people who understand their animals aren’t wild, and will enjoy an extra bit of sugar without keeling over right there.

Reaction score
I’ll continue to feed my horses treats because I’m fulfilling my emotional connection to my animals. My customers will as well because they’ve made the personal decision as well ^^ Youve changed nothing aside from induce a laughing fit among a group chat of horse owners, trainers and riders. That’s about as valuable as you were in the entire thing, so, ciao!

I’ll continue to making hundreds of dollars a month from people who understand their animals aren’t wild, and will enjoy an extra bit of sugar without keeling over right there.

Putting profit before the care and wellbeing of your horses makes you unworthy of owning a horse. Those of you sitting around laughing just show your ignorance. While you and your friends own horses that are probably only worth a few hundred dollars, these animals are worth thousands. so a significant amount of thought goes into their care. But even if your horses aren’t pedigree, it is no excuse to feed them improperly. It’s sad you brag about making profit for the poor care of your animals. Makes you look really bad.

Reaction score
And if you and ally of your friends have to bribe your horses with treats in order to get it to respond or to form any kind of connection, then you really don’t have a connection at all. The horse just wants the treat. You mean nothing to the horse.

Reaction score
Actually, my registered, twenty thousand dollar AQHA filly tends to disagree with your "few hundred dollars" comment. The fact that you would compare the care level of a registered, expensive horse to that of a non-expensive one is just.. Hilarious, and truly sad. Please never adopt a horse, there's no telling what sort of care you'd give it since it's "Only a few hundred dollars." And please, there's no bribery. Simply appreciation in the form of a taste they've given hints that they enjoy. I don't treat train my horses and it isn't used as a performance award. When you're competing at a national level, lemme know. As of yet, you don't care for a barn of impeccable athletes, you don't even own one. You saw one instance of a horse expressing disinterest in a certain food, and suddenly..

You're completely informed!

As of yet, remain here on the little forum you're the big fish on, and leave the rest of the equine activities to the people that know what they're doing.

Reaction score
Actually, my registered, twenty thousand dollar AQHA filly tends to disagree with your "few hundred dollars" comment. The fact that you would compare the care level of a registered, expensive horse to that of a non-expensive one is just.. Hilarious, and truly sad. Please never adopt a horse, there's no telling what sort of care you'd give it since it's "Only a few hundred dollars." And please, there's no bribery. Simply appreciation in the form of a taste they've given hints that they enjoy. I don't treat train my horses and it isn't used as a performance award. When you're competing at a national level, lemme know. As of yet, you don't care for a barn of impeccable athletes, you don't even own one. You saw one instance of a horse expressing disinterest in a certain food, and suddenly..

You're completely informed!

As of yet, remain here on the little forum you're the big fish on, and leave the rest of the equine activities to the people that know what they're doing.

You’re feeding garbage to a $20 filly, then it is you who is the uninformed one:D Stupid is as Stupid Does;)

Ask a Question