I can't even make chocolate chip cookies.. TT

Reaction score
So I made chocolate chip cookies and the first time they turned out a bit too sweet but texture wise were really great. Unfortunately I was really rushed that day so I don't really know what happened to make them turn out like that.

I tried to make them again but used about half the amount of sugar. I also might have mixed the butter and sugar a bit too long (it wasn't exactly fluffy). I didn't think too much of it, but my cookies only turned out fine on the top and edges, but the inside was like bread(?) And the bottom was very squishy and sponge like. I think it's worth mentioning that the edges were a bit browner than the middle and more spread out than I remmeber.

Did taking out the sugar make any difference or was the main problem in the butter?

Reaction score
You need to keep the recipe but can use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate to help with the sweetness. Or less chocolate or a mix of both. Good luck

Ask a Question