Just wanted to share...

Reaction score
The fantastic wedding cake my sister made me. It's a few years ago now, but I still look at the pictures and can't believe how wonderfully decorated those cakes were. I figured people here might appreciate what a fantastic job she did!

By the way, she no professional, just someone who decorates cakes as a hobby.

Reaction score
That is beautiful! I always admire people who can decorate cakes, because I cannot :) I love how she incorporated the ribbon too. Fantastic!

Reaction score
I wish I could bake like that but I don't have the patience:( at least you saved some money on the cake as it would have cost you a fortune:)

Reaction score
Oh wow, that is amazing work! You can tell by the details that she really loves you and that she worked hard. I wish that I could do something like that. Out of curiosity, what kind of cake was it? Chocolate or Vanilla?

Reaction score
That is really neat. My sister made our wedding cake too and did a fantastic job at it. It is great to have someone you know and love like to frost cakes for a hobby and make them look like you paid full price for them.

Reaction score
Very lovely indeed! I guess some persons are just naturally talented while some of us have to work overtime to develop our skills; i will bake myself a great cake but i still have not mastered the art of cake decorating.

Reaction score
These cakes are absolutely beautiful! What a lot of time, effort and love must have gone into producing these for you. I think it's amazing that home bakers can produce cakes that are every bit as beautiful as those you can buy from a professional. I love cake decorating too, but I am nowhere near the same standard as your sister. It's lovely to see pictures of other people's creations.

Reaction score
These cakes are absolutely beautiful! What a lot of time, effort and love must have gone into producing these for you. I think it's amazing that home bakers can produce cakes that are every bit as beautiful as those you can buy from a professional. I love cake decorating too, but I am nowhere near the same standard as your sister. It's lovely to see pictures of other people's creations.

Well now -- not to be picky or to sound mean -- the cakes aren't quite even, but then again many professional cakes also aren't. I guess I just am overly critical, like the person who comes in an rearrange the frames!

That said, the colors and the smoothness of the cakes are beautiful. They look delicate and elegant, simple and tasty, exactly the kind of cakes that deserve a place of honor at a wedding! She really does love you a lot. I would also want to be able to decorate like this! Practice, practice...

Congrats on your wedding, by the way.

Reaction score
She could be a professional though, if she was interested in that kind of work. Does she keep a portfolio of the cakes she has made? If not I would encourage her to start. If she ever wanted to work at someplace that did cake decoration, that would definitely be a big help in getting the job.

Reaction score
They look wonderful! I am just getting started with cake baking and decorating. I love to see pictures of different cakes people have made. I am hoping I have the patience for it!!

Ask a Question