King Arthur Flours recall E. coli

Reaction score
King Arthur Flour issued a voluntary recall after ADM Milling Co. informed them
that certain wheat used to make some lots of King Arthur flour has been linked to an ongoing outbreak of E. coli infections.

According to a statement from King Arthur Flour:

"No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with King Arthur flour."

The affected flour in the recall has six specific lot codes and three “Best Used by” dates. The dates and lot numbers can be found on the bottom of the side panel, below the nutrition facts panel.

• BEST USED BY 12/07/19 LOT: L18A07C

• BEST USED BY 12/08/19 LOTS: L18A08A, L18A08B

• BEST USED BY 12/14/19 LOTS: L18A14A, L18A14B, L18A14C

J13

Reaction score
I couldn't find the lot numbers, but both the all-purpose I've been using for my starter, and the bread flour I hope to use for the sourdough and other breads are recently bought with "best used by" dates of Feb. 2020. So...whew!

Reaction score
I couldn't find the lot numbers, but both the all-purpose I've been using for my starter, and the bread flour I hope to use for the sourdough and other breads are recently bought with "best used by" dates of Feb. 2020. So...whew!

I still have to check my pantry. Hopefully my bags are good

Reaction score

My flour was stamped Nov 2019, not in the recall but really close, so I tossed it because it was too close for comfort.

Ask a Question