Last day of school

Reaction score
Today is the last day of school for my little ones and now it is time for summer vacation. This time of year, I always tend to get a little sad because it is a shocking reminder of how fast time goes by and that they are going to be advancing into a new grade level. Do any of you other moms get sad at the end of the school year?

Reaction score
I'm not a mom, but I'm an aunt, and I do get depressed about how fast she's growing up, she'll be in 3rd grade next year. It goes by so fast!

Reaction score
It is depressing and happy all at the same time. I love watching my kids and seeing what they learn each and everyday, but at the same time, they do grow up very fast and that is sad. I remember when they were little babies and now they are reading and writing, and doing math problems!

Reaction score
The kids are growing up to fast for my liking. I love when they sit on my lap even though they are nine and ten and want to cuddle. Because it's summer I can spend more time with them watching them grow and discover new things, I still get sad and when I do out comes the baby pictures. Sometimes I sit them down or lay in bed with the babies around me and reminisce on the things they did as babies. They love to hear stories about things they did but, don't remember they did.

Reaction score
It does seem as though they grow up in the blink of an eye. I really miss when they were little.

Reaction score
I don't get sad about the last day of school, I get sad about the last day of summer vacation because it means I won't be able to see my daughter as much, and the school year is stressful for her because of waking up at 6AM and all the homework.

Reaction score
The most difficult year for me, was their last day at primary school, before they moved up to high school. They put on a performance on stage, and all the parents were invited. Well, they started to sing a farewell song, and that was it - I started crying buckets, I couldn't hold back! I think you would have to have a heart of stone, not to be affected by that.

Ask a Question