Lemon cake slices

Reaction score
I am wanting a recipe to make lemon cake slices like Wal-Mart sales in their bakery. The slices are very moist and has a glaze on them. I'd love to have a mimick recipe if someone has one to share.

Reaction score
I've never had the Walmart cake, so I don't know what it tastes like. But here is a recipe that I have for lemon cake which comes with a glaze - makes two 8 inch cakes:

Cake Ingredients:
  • All-purpose flour - 15 oz
  • Cornstarch - 4 oz
  • Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
  • Unsalted butter, soft - 1 lb 3.5 oz
  • Powdered sugar - 15 oz
  • Lemon zest, grated - 2.5 tablespoons
  • Egg yolks - 10.6 oz
  • Egg whites - 10.6 oz
  • Granulated sugar - 4.1 oz
Directions:
  1. Coat the cake pans with a light film of fat (butter or baking spray) and line them with parchment circles
  2. Sift together the flour, cornstarch, and backing powder
  3. Cream the butter, confectioner's sugar, and lemon zest with a paddle attachment, starting on low speed and increasing to medium speed and scraping down the bowl as needed, until the mixture is smooth and light in color - about 5 minutes.
  4. Gradually add the egg yolks a few at a time, mixing on low speed until fully incorporated. Add a few, and scrape the bowl as needed.
  5. Whip the egg whites separately on medium speed with the whip attachment until frothy. Gradually add the granulated sugar while continuing to whip, then whip until medium peaks form.
  6. Fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture to lighten it to a similar consistency as the beaten egg whites. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
  7. Gradually fold the sifted dry ingredient into the mixture.
  8. Pour batter into pans. Gently tap the pans to release any air bubbles.
  9. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour.

Lemon Syrup:
  • Lemon juice - 2 fl oz
  • Confectioner's sugar - 10.6 oz
To prepare the syrup, whisk together the lemon juice and sugar in a stainless-steel bowl until smooth. You want to cool the cakes in the pans for a few minutes, then unmold them. Brush the cakes with the lemon glaze while they are still warm.

Ask a Question