Lemon Thyme Tea Bread (Cake)

Reaction score
Looks good, but personally I would heat the butter and thyme on the stove. I don't like to use the microwave like that because I'm afraid it could get to hot too fast and cook out some of the flavor. Besides that the microwaves are damaging to food generally.

Reaction score
This sounds intriguing - I use thyme quite regularly in savory dishes, but have never thought of using it in a sweet baking capacity!

I might have to give it a try just for the novelty! I have fresh thyme in my garden so that's a good enough excuse, right?!

Reaction score
This ought to be one of the most interesting flavoured cakes I have hear about =D I have never eaten a lemon thyme tea cake before, but I love the taste of lemons! I might give it a try :)

Reaction score
@DancingLady Sure, whichever way you're used to doing it. I rarely use the microwave, but do use it for simple, short tasks, such as melting butter.

@cupcakechef @Trellum For some reason, as soon as I saw the picture, I had to make it, and I'm so glad I did, because this is a favorite now. I hope you do both try it, and if so, hope it becomes a favorite in your homes, as well!

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Is it really that good, Diane? If so I'll surely try it soon. I'm trying not to bake so much lately because I'm trying to drop the pounds I gained last year ;) But I'd love trying something like this.

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Is it really that good, Diane? If so I'll surely try it soon. I'm trying not to bake so much lately because I'm trying to drop the pounds I gained last year ;) But I'd love trying something like this.

In my opinion it is, but we all have different taste. It's lovely with a nice cup of tea. I actually packaged one up and sent it to my Mom, along with the recipe. I figured she might want to share the recipe with my sister or her neighbors, but she doesn't do as much baking herself these days, which is why I sent her the finished cake. I hope you do try it and like it, let me know.

Reaction score
In my opinion it is, but we all have different taste. It's lovely with a nice cup of tea. I actually packaged one up and sent it to my Mom, along with the recipe. I figured she might want to share the recipe with my sister or her neighbors, but she doesn't do as much baking herself these days, which is why I sent her the finished cake. I hope you do try it and like it, let me know.

That is so nice of you!!! I wish my mom lived close to me, I'd absolutely do the same =D She would love it! I've already bookmarked the recipe :) It's always nice to have a recipe like this around, just a simple cake with a few ingredients and a killer icing is all I need.

Reaction score
I find this to be very interesting. I am a big thyme lover with my cooking but this flavour in a cake/bread? I am trying hard to imagine the taste. I am guessing if I ever give it a go, I'll have to send my mom some as well. I like when she rates my baking or cooking. When I get a passing grade from her it feels so much better than any other thumbs up.

Ask a Question