Cheesecake Lemon Bars

Reaction score
there in the oven,we shall see if they come out all right or not :)

I did wreck the kitchen making them
'
007.JPG

oh well :) here is a picture right before I put it in the oven

005.JPG

I did double the lemon filling,I had read a few reviews and they seemed to like it better thicker,which I'm sure I will too :) here is the recipe

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/218039/cheesecake-lemon-bars/?src=VD_Summary

I forget who it was in the Welcome Thread that mentioned them,but I decided I would try and make some,now if it only will turn out good :) oooh and they said to let it sit for at least 6 hours, then eat some,that is going to be hard to do lol

not what you would call as pretty as the web sites,but I'm more of a uuuuh mmmm rustic baker :)

Reaction score
ut oh it says to bake it till it is set,is that sticking a tooth pick in it ?

i do need to get one of those thing of a ma jigs,to juice the Lemons with :)

another ut oh I don't think I doubled the sugar in the filling ,oooooops

Last edited:
Reaction score
it is on the cooling rack now

012.JPG

and tart is the word :) hopefully it will settle down after it has sit for a while

is that burnt or not ? I will tell ya'll after I've have some ,if it is good or not,as ya'll can tell i usually have problems with the first couple of try's at a new recipe

Reaction score
well surprise,surprise,it actually came out pretty well,I do think it needs to sit longer,but it taste really good,still a bit to much tart taste,but it is settling down a bunch,so if i leave it alone today,it should be excellent then lol

still way to rustic looking :) but taste good,that is what matters ,the crust taste good,but it is like there isn't enough,it is awful thin,hmmmm maybe double it too ? I do like a good crust,so it may just be me,the burnt looking edges taste better than what is under the Lemon filling or lack of crust I should say

Reaction score
So how does it taste? Can you tell that you left out the other half of the sugar? I've found that when I'm doubling or tripling a recipe, I have to actually write the new amounts down, or I do the same. I get so into the baking process and enjoying the experience that I forget about the proportions. I had to laugh at your mess. I must have OCD regarding baking, because I clean after each step. If i had more room in the kitchen, i might not, but I stop and wash the bowls and utensils after most steps.

It looks delicious!! I like rustic, and that looks like something I'd enjoy. I'd probably use a slightly larger pie pan, which is the only one I have right now, and double the crust, but just make it a little thicker, since it wouldn't come up much higher. The one I have is 9.5", versus 9".

Reaction score
I feel you about the kitchen after doing baking - I always have a bunch of stuff in my sink when I'm done! It's the only part I don't enjoy about baking -- all the cleaning up!

I also like the rustic home made look, to me it's just more charming and doesn't look mass produced!!

Reaction score
it tastes pretty good Diane,I must have gotten the amount of sugar correct :) it has settled down a bunch once it set for a day,I may use a deep dish pie pan the next time and see how that does,I'm still undecided if I like the cheesecake topping or not,the next time I may just go with some home made whipped topping instead,I'm usually not a big fan of a cream cheese topping,but thought I would give this recipe a try,the filling is excellent,the crust needs something :) but I'm not a good enough baker to tell what lol

I usually try to do a little clean up as I go along,but i didn't this time :) I'm doing pretty good at the rustic looks cupcakechef :)

Reaction score
well I;m not a Hugh fan of the cheesecake topping,the filling was excellent,the crust needs work or it was something I did wrong,I did put the butter in the freezer and let it sit way to long,so that may have something to do with it :)

Reaction score
Wow! Your Cheesecake Lemon Bar looks good and delicious! This is also one of my favorite kind of cake bar aside from the Brownie Bar and Butterscotch Bar.

Ask a Question