Lemon drizzle cake yummy:)

Reaction score
I decided to go into a book shop one day and I saw this small cake recipe book and straight away I bought it and its full of pretty tasty cake recipes:) one of my favourites is Lemon drizzle cake and l'm sharing this recipe with you all:)
Serves 8

Oil or melted butter for greasing
200g / 7oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g / 7oz caster sugar
4 eggs
150ml / 5floz soured cream
Grated rind of 1 large lemon
4 tbsp lemon juice
150ml / 5floz sunflower oil
Syrup
4 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 180c /350f / gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 20-cm / 8-inch loose based round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the castor sugar. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, soured cream, lemon rind, lemon juice and oil together. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until evenly combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes until risen and golden brown.
For the syrup mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small pan, stir over a low heat until just beingning to bubble and turn syrupy.
As soon as the cake comes out of the oven prick the surface with a sharp knife or fork brush the syrup over the top. Leave the cake to cool completely In the tin before turning out and serving.

Source: Cakes 100 everyday recipes

Reaction score
Oh my that looks good. Thanks for sharing this I am definitely going to make this cake.

Reaction score
That sounds great. I have had store bought lemon cake and I like its refreshing and "clean" taste. Your recipe sounds absolutely scrumptious and I want to try it soon before the weather turns more.

Reaction score
I love lemon, and this sounds like a perfect goodbye to the summer weather.

Reaction score
I have all the ingredients and I will be making this cake this weekend. I love lemon cake and I hope this turns out good. We will see. Wish me luck.

Ask a Question