Mini Cheesecake recipe

Reaction score
I tried a new recipe this weekend and it came out okay but not great. The cheesecake filling was the simple cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice (not sure if I would add this the next time). The filling was good I think if I didn't add the lemon juice then it would have been better. The thing that really made the recipe turn from good to only okay was the the crust. The recipe called for Mini Nilla Wafers and they were not good! I bought the regular kind like the recipe said to but they still floated to the top. Has any one else tried to use Nilla Wafers for a crust?

Reaction score
Never thought of it, but by your reading think that is worth a try for a quick crust not just for cheesecakes, but I feel it could be an interesting try for a lemon pie too.

Reaction score
No, I haven't used them....I'm not sure I'd like the texture of it? I'm also right with you on the lemon, seems rather unnecessary for a cheesecake.

Reaction score
I have never made a cheesecake. This thanksgiving I plan to make my first. I have been looking up recipes and this is the first time seeing lemon juice as an ingredient. Were you able to taste the sour bitterness in the cake?

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of lemon, but I do love cheesecake. I've never dare trying to make one though. Perhaps it's something I should try out in the near future- Thanksgiving is a great excuse to do it!

Ask a Question