No more banana bread

Reaction score
Well as the title says no more bb!
I made some earlier in the week to save the 4 mushy bananas. My kids don't like it and my hubz and i do but I don't want to eat it all myself. ..not good for the thighs lol

I even omitted the nuts but still no go for them oh well.....

Reaction score
It freezes well if that's any help! If you want to use up bananas then you could try blending together frozen bananas and strawberries - it makes a really nice ice-cream.

Reaction score
Aah that's so sad as for me i can't get enough...another great way for you to use up your bananas is to add them to your smoothies...i bet the children would enjoy them this way.

Reaction score
I could never give up banana bread. Since you have the dilema of your kids not eating it, you should make a loaf and portion it out. You could cut it in half and freeze the other half until you are ready to eat it. During the holidays I make multiple loaves of banana and pumpkine bread and just freeze them until I have people over.

Reaction score
Yes we do this and mix strawberries in too they love them in smoothies but not in bakes.

That's how kids are when the set their mind against something it's hard to get them to change their mind...i guess as a parent we all experience this at some point.

Reaction score
I make banana but muffins up and my kids eat them out of style. They love them warmed up for breakfast with a glass of milk.

Its to sad you won't be enjoying this wonderful dessert/snack. Maybe make it around the holidays when more people are around to help eat it.

Reaction score
I've seen banana bread with chocolate chips in it. Do you think your kids would like it more if you added chocolate chips?

Reaction score
No I don't think chocolate chips will make any difference.

I can see everyone is quite attached to their banana bread lol I am not really too disappointed. The only downside is that to use up mushing bananas I will have to go back to making bank offer pie which is rather unhealthy but the kids loooooooove it lol so do I

Ask a Question