Noodles, Mashed Potatoes or Rice

Reaction score
Rice all the way! I have random cravings for rice all the time, but I don't eat it anywhere near enough.

Noodles seconds and then mash last. Mash is a great winter food, but other than that, I don't really eat it. I'll always eat noodles and rice with Chinese food though.

Reaction score
Definitely mashed potatoes! That way I can put cheese and sour cream in them as well. Mashed potatoes is like my second favorite side dish! I've never had noodles and gravy. Rice would be my second choice.

Reaction score
I like to make mashed potatoes that have bacon pieces, scallions, sour cream and cheese, basically mashed potatoes with loaded baked potato toppings.

Reaction score
This is a hard one to pick because I am a fan of all of these. Even thuogh I don't get to eat them often I would have to say noodles.

Reaction score
Mashed potatoes for me all the way! I make noodles about once a week, but not with gravy. Rice is something I only make if I am using a certain recipe, such as an Asian food dish or something. Rice is just not a go to food in my home.

Reaction score
At my house, we love all three items. My grandson is crazy about mashed potatoes and would eat them every day. He also likes buttered noodles and would eat spagetti noodles with no sauce at all. My daughter is a big rice lover and likes it when I cook them with diced carrots, onions, and celery in them along with some tumeric. I will eat all three, i just have to be careful about the amount I eat because I am diabetic,,, so I am working on perfecting mashed cauliflower to take the place of mashed potatoes.

Reaction score
I may be from the South, but mashed taters for me! I like to use mayonnaise to make my mashed taters, and a little squirrel gravy tops them off fine. Beef or pork or turkey gravy works fine, too.

Reaction score
Sometimes, when you're making something with gravy or something like that, only one of three sides really make sense: mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.

In those situations, what is your favorite thing to make?

My favorite is definitely mashed potatoes. But, I only eat them if they're homemade, which is time-consuming and takes a lot of work, so I will often make rice instead. I rarely make noodles to eat with gravy; even though it's good, I generally think of them when making Italian-style dishes.

What about you guys?
That's such a hard decision, especially since I love them all. I guess I would have to say mashed potatoes. I think because we just don't have then as often as the others. My kids love mashed potatoes as well, definitely the side dish of choice here in our home. I always try and make extra because the family loves them for leftovers. :)

The simple things is life right? :)

Danyel ;)

Ask a Question