Ok, what did I do wrong...?

Reaction score
I'm so lost with this. Ever since I started exploring baking I wanted to stray as far away from box anything as I could, and this strawberry cake is supposed to be my way of diving deeper. I tried to make this 2 times with this time being the second. the first time I used the strawberries I used the submersion blender but when I added them in they were cold......the cake just sank like a rock. The second time I used cream in place of buttermilk for science, and instead of using the submersion blender I simmered the strawberries to get them soft enough to push them through a strainer... This time it held its shape, however I want it fluffy like.....cake not dense like whatever I made lol dunno what to do this time....help Please and thx u.

Recipe:
1 stick of butter ( room temp)
1 Pck softened cream cheese
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 c puree strawberry (I used frozen strawberries)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c buttermilk (
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt.

Peace and love.

Attachments

• IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
I'm so lost with this. Ever since I started exploring baking I wanted to stray as far away from box anything as I could, and this strawberry cake is supposed to be my way of diving deeper. I tried to make this 2 times with this time being the second. the first time I used the strawberries I used the submersion blender but when I added them in they were cold......the cake just sank like a rock. The second time I used cream in place of buttermilk for science, and instead of using the submersion blender I simmered the strawberries to get them soft enough to push them through a strainer... This time it held its shape, however I want it fluffy like.....cake not dense like whatever I made lol dunno what to do this time....help Please and thx u.

Recipe:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c buttermilk (
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt.

Peace and love.

Not knowing temperature of your ingredients, protein content of your flour, mixing method, baking temperature, etc, it’s impossible to help troubleshoot.

But I will say in making a berry purée you must reduce the water content. Berries contain a lot of water. Strawberries are about 90% water, raspberries, 85% water. So if you purée the berries without reducing the water, you are adding a lot of additional water to the recipe.

When, using frozen berries, set them in a strainer over a bowl to thaw completely.

After they are thawed, gently press on the berries to extract the juice.

Measure the amount of juice. Transfer the juice to a saucepan, and over medium high heat, reduce it to a quarter of the amount. So if you had 1 cup of juice, reduce it to a 1/4 cup. Set aside

Purée the berries; press berry purée through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.

Then mix the purée with the reduced juice. Add some sugar and lemon juice.

Reaction score

Recipe:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c buttermilk (
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt.

Peace and love.
its way too wet.
This looks like a cake recipe you just added strawberries to.
If I wanted to do that I'b buy sliced dehydrated strawberries on amazon or use a dehydrator and dry my own.

Ask a Question