Macarons didn't rise on silicone mat

Reaction score
Hello, I have been making macarons for about 6-9 months and have finally gotten results that I like. I was recently gifted a silicone baking mat that is made for macarons(it has a template to pipe them) I have tried 3 different batches on the mat but all of them had no feet and the macaron simply came out the cracked top. I was wondering if there is something I am doing wrong? I bake the macarons at 250 F for 20 min, I use the Italian method, I tried letting them form a skin, put them right it, and also tried it directly on the rack instead of the baking sheet. But all of these resulted in the same volcano-shaped cookies. Does anyone have any experience with this and any advice?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello, I have been making macarons for about 6-9 months and have finally gotten results that I like. I was recently gifted a silicone baking mat that is made for macarons(it has a template to pipe them) I have tried 3 different batches on the mat but all of them had no feet and the macaron simply came out the cracked top. I was wondering if there is something I am doing wrong? I bake the macarons at 250 F for 20 min, I use the Italian method, I tried letting them form a skin, put them right it, and also tried it directly on the rack instead of the baking sheet. But all of these resulted in the same volcano-shaped cookies. Does anyone have any experience with this and any advice?

Thanks

Silicone conducts heat more intensely. The only one I like is the Silpat brand. And that is the brand preferred by most pastry chefs. But the other most important aspect is your baking sheet. A plain uncoated aluminum baking sheet.

But to be honest, most of us prefer parchment sheets to mats.

Reaction score

Thanks
paper is the way to go.

Ask a Question